The Hand We Were Dealt | The Boneyard

The Hand We Were Dealt

Reaction Score
I didn't get a chance to share this observation the other night after the semifinal game, and it may repeat what others have said. If so, please forgive me.
The semifinal game was the most satisfying UConn victory I have seen in at least three years. Why? Because of the absolute joy and abandon with which the players approached every aspect of the game. They were on top of all of it and had a great time showing the world just how good they can be. UConn's lock-down defense, which has been spotty (at best) all season, was in full force against a team that knows how to score (except that night, I guess). Ice came into her own as someone other than a freshman. Paige was truly the Paige of old.

The win in the finals was terrific, but didn't have the amperage of that semifinal game, probably because winning against Georgetown is always going to be more of a grind-it-out affair. It will be interesting to see how the still-thin team responds when Aailyah is back in the lineup with the Magic Mask.

And, by the way, congrats to the Georgetown coach on getting the full coaching position. Incredibly well-deserved. .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom