The future lies ahead. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The future lies ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The rallying cry is: Who can possibly Beat us?
Or better yet: Who can gives us a game?

Now that I'm finished venting, i'm going hop in a cab and catch my cruise;
Norwegian Gem to the Bahamas.
Have a nice week all.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Uh..."show you work" was meant to be a mildly humorous way of saying "what is your reasoning?". Sorry if anyone was offended.

Incidentally, at one point ASGR had Durr, Samuelson, Boykin and Collier as the 1-4 recruits for 2015.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Now before we get all excited we have to expect some will come and some wont depending on who commits.

And once they arrive, some will play while others sit on the bench.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The future lies ahead.

No wonder I couldn't find it. All I can ever see is now (but sometimes I can remember the past).

Variants: "The future, lies ahead" better than "The future lays ahead" :rolleyes:

It is interesting that grammatically, yesterday the future lay ahead. Today it lies ahead.

I bet I coulda' been a Dookie if I hadn't laid around so much. sorry about this - it's silly Saturday.

Bottom line - next year we still have Geno (and CD) and "they won't" ...... that's no lie.

Reaction Score
Will the Huskies be better next year than this year, or not as good? (Show your work.)

IMO-- The loss of Banks (I felt she was going to start) means we definitely need one of the frosh to step up in the backcourt and Chong or two frosh. I don’t believe putting KML in the backcourt which some have suggested makes us better. It slows us down. I think to be better one important aspect is our backcourt, and now I don’t think it will be better.

And I don’t believe Tuck will come out firing on all cylinders for a while. So overall how I look at it- no we won’t be as good. But darn, darn, close.

b. Will the answer to “a” change as the year progresses, assuming good health for all?

The answer is partially yes. If the top 5 remain healthy of BS, KS, KML, MT and Mo Jeff --then they get two separate guards of which one can play sf and guard then the answer is yes- they could become better. And would probably be – because of BS/KML/MT and Mo Jeff improvement from year before.

c. Are your answers to “a” and “b” in absolute terms, or relative to the competition?

Both. The other best teams won’t be as good as for example last year ND. IMO we have questions as to Tucks’ health and who is going to shine in the backcourt between Chong and the new recruits.

IMO the play of any combination of two players between Chong and the frosh as long as one can play sf as well- is the tipping point (along with MT). Until hey do it- the answer is this past year superior.

2. The following year we lose the Big Ks, but gain (at least) De’Janie, Napheesa, Katie Lou and Natalie. Assuming that we get no more 2015 recruits, again how would you answer a, b and c above for the 2015-16 season.

Would need to know where DD goes. Would need to know where Durr, Lambert, Page and Brown go etc.

If Morgan Tuck is healthy – and two of the guards emerged between Chong and the current crop of freshman, --- the 201-5-2016 team could be the greatest wcbb of all time. But the second maybe the third best team in 2015-2016 season could be the greatest teams we’ve ever seen as an overall 2 seed and 3 seed.

At that point, one game – vs such elite teams anything can happen. Our ace in the hole is Stewart. One huge wildcard is lousy refs.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
The future lies ahead.

No wonder I couldn't find it. All I can ever see is now (but sometimes I can remember the past).

Variants: "The future, lies ahead" better than "The future lays ahead" :rolleyes:

It is interesting that grammatically, yesterday the future lay ahead. Today it lies ahead.

I bet I coulda' been a Dookie if I hadn't laid around so much. sorry about this - it's silly Saturday.

Bottom line - next year we still have Geno (and CD) and "they won't" . that's no lie.

Well, Harry, come to think of it, it could also be interpreted as; "The prevarications still to come.", now I think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom