The four-hour WCBB marathon that I wish were six | The Boneyard

The four-hour WCBB marathon that I wish were six

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'm referring, of course, to tomorrow night. There are two very interesting games scheduled: Louisville-Notre Dame and South Carolina-Tennessee. The former game is on at 7:00', and the latter is on at 9:00.

And of course, at 8:00 is UConn-Tulane.

Now don't get me wrong; I'm not missing UConn. My plan is to watch the ND-ville game for an hour, catch all of the UConn game, and then watch the second half Tennessee-South Carolina.

Yes, I could record the games I'd be partially missing, but I believe there'd be more suspense in watching WCBB for four hours in a row.

Not exactly a consolation prize, but I'd love for the scheduling of the three games to have been such that I could've watched 'em all live.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I don't usually predict, but these games could be disappointing. ND and SC should win by at least 10 points, probably more. Plus, they are home.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I don't disagree, though I have to root for Louisville to pull off the upset...and, as long as no one is hurt in the process, I do get a bit of perverse pleasure from watching Tennessee lose.

Reaction Score
There is nothing perverse about watching Tennessee lose. Ever.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
DVR the 2md half of ND-Louisville and all of SC-Tenn. Watch the 1st half of the ND game live and then the UConn game. Flip the DVR on and breeze through everything else because commercials are for suckers :)

Reaction Score
I'm dvring all the games.

I predict:

Louisville will upset ND.

Tenn will upset SC.

UPSET CITY, BA-BEE!

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Our (Louisville's) strength this year is in the post. Our achille's heel is that we have no consistent outside shooters.
Duke is the only game that we really had no chance to win, and that was b/c we could not score in the paint. Both FSU and KY were winnable games for us. All that being said, this is certainly a game that on paper we should be able to compete with.
Our task is to stop Jewell, and Turner to an extent, and feed the post. I like our chances. I believe our post presence is stronger than ND's and that will keep us at least in the game.

Reaction Score
If Louisville can contain Jewell and block out Turner in the paint that will go a long way. They excel when they can get their fast break going.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Our (Louisville's) strength this year is in the post. Our achille's heel is that we have no consistent outside shooters.
Duke is the only game that we really had no chance to win, and that was b/c we could not score in the paint. Both FSU and KY were winnable games for us. All that being said, this is certainly a game that on paper we should be able to compete with.
Our task is to stop Jewell, and Turner to an extent, and feed the post. I like our chances. I believe our post presence is stronger than ND's and that will keep us at least in the game.

Many teams have tried to exploit a supposed weakness in the post for ND, only UConn succeeded. Strong in the post but no outside shooters? Sounds like Duke. Wonder if ND tries the box-and-1 with Jewell face-guarding Moore. Should be a good game. I'm nervous. Jewell is (generally) money in these games and I think Turner and Reimer will rise to the occasion, but I expect a 40-minute game for sure. I'd guess ND by 6 for a prediction but the upset would not shock me.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Many teams have tried to exploit a supposed weakness in the post for ND, only UConn succeeded. Strong in the post but no outside shooters? Sounds like Duke. Wonder if ND tries the box-and-1 with Jewell face-guarding Moore. Should be a good game. I'm nervous. Jewell is (generally) money in these games and I think Turner and Reimer will rise to the occasion, but I expect a 40-minute game for sure. I'd guess ND by 6 for a prediction but the upset would not shock me.

We have a sophomore big in Emmonnie Henderson. It has taken til late this season, but the game has finally started to slow down for her. She has been fabulous in our last few games, seeing more time on the court and has fantastic hands. She is a beast on the boards, too. If she can continue on her upward trajectory, I think she is going to be a handful. She is a dual sport athlete, shot put and discus being her other sport. She is by far the strongest person on our team and can be a big difference maker for us down the stretch if we continue to get efficient minutes from her.

I am not predicting a win. I love my team, but they have been too hot and cold this season. They seem to be gelling at the right time though, which is why I say we should be able to compete. It would be so glorious to sneak a win in on the road, and find ourselves in a 3 way tie for 1st place in the ACC. However, beating you all (at home to boot) is a tall order for anyone not named Uconn.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Since Duke lost yesterday, Im rooting for Louisville to pull off the upset. Im not sure how the tiebreakers in the ACC work in the case of a three-way tie

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Since Duke lost yesterday, Im rooting for Louisville to pull off the upset. Im not sure how the tiebreakers in the ACC work in the case of a three-way tie
Lord knows I am rooting for you and your team with your current coaching situation. Hot. Mess.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Well, called that one. I must be watching too much WCBB.....

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Well, I missed on SC-Tenn. A combination of Tenn putting up abetter fight than I expected, and SC not having much of an offense. Don't know what to make of SC. Would love to see them play ND.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom