The Ferrari is still a putt... putt... | The Boneyard

The Ferrari is still a putt... putt...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That Ferrari (Purvis) that KO keeps on talking about still has some bad gas and someone needs to give it a good look over. Open shots and stupid plays from someone who should know, not very good. That Ferrari needs to start purring.

Reaction Score
He seems like he has no lift at all. I hope that is because he is still injured.

Reaction Score
While Rodney wasn't great to throw the sink at him is unfair. I saw some good things from him tonight also. That pass after getting stuck in the air was dreadful but he was ok. I know he's the easy guy to pick on but only if you;re expecting some AA performance.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
He just doesn't look like a smart player. He looks like a J.R. Smith player.

Reaction Score
He seems like he has no lift at all. I hope that is because he is still injured.

Are you serious with this stuff about Purvis's jumping ability?

Reaction Score
He just doesn't look like a smart player. He looks like a J.R. Smith player.
That's a compliment! Thanks for a positive post in this supposedly negative thread.

I hope others follow (I'm serious).

Reaction Score
He went to McDonald's. They got that all mixed up. He just needs a year of reps. Next year we will be purvis this and that.

Reaction Score
While Rodney wasn't great to throw the sink at him is unfair. I saw some good things from him tonight also. That pass after getting stuck in the air was dreadful but he was ok. I know he's the easy guy to pick on but only if you;re expecting some AA performance.

I agree. I think it's been pretty clear that he's not good enough to be the second guy, but he's a perfectly capable third option.

KO's probably regretting the Ferrari comment now.

Reaction Score
I think by Ferrari, he meant Chevy. He made some bonehead decisions tonight. Can't shoot either. I'm hoping it was due to the year off he had and limitations by his injuries this year.

Reaction Score
right now, Rodney's playing
john amos.png
like a 1st team McDowell's All-American

Reaction Score
It's still December and Purvis is really only in his fifth full game after a year off - I'm not worried about him.

He'll be a different cat come February.
Maybe, I hope so but he will likely never be the answer from the outside.

Reaction Score
Honestly very impressed by purvis going to the basket. Maybe a travel here, a turnover there, but when he isn't charging he's making a layup. If you look at him with the forgiveness of a freshman he looked great tonight. Let's get him a jumper.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Maybe, I hope so but he will likely never be the answer from the outside.

This team doesn't have a serious perimeter threat. That isn't Rodney's fault - that's on the head coach for not getting that player in here.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think by Ferrari, he meant Chevy. He made some bonehead decisions tonight. Can't shoot either. I'm hoping it was due to the year off he had and limitations by his injuries this year.

Truth be told he's more like a Ferrari than a Corvette. A 'vette may not have the full blown aura of a Ferrari but it starts up every time and is consistently really, really, really good. The Ferrari's are much more fickle, need some massaging and only perform at their peak under ideal conditions.

Reaction Score
He's clearly talented, but it appears he's still adjusting to some of the mental aspects of the game. Going a year without playing meaningful basketball probably exacerbated that.

With increased game experience, time to get more acclimated with new teammates, and coaching from the UConn staff, he'll be a better player at the end of the season than he is now. I just want him to become more self-aware about his game and stop taking dribble pullup shots; that's not his game. He's a terror when he drives to the hoop. With the slashing ability of Purvis, Boat, and Hamilton, it's amazing how much better this team would be with a couple consistent 3 point threats.

Reaction Score
Purvis's needs to put a tad more arc/softness on his jumper. Its on a b line. Hes very indecisive right now.

Reaction Score
This team doesn't have a serious perimeter threat. That isn't Rodney's fault - that's on the head coach for not getting that player in here.
Why wouldn't you expect highly recruited kids to be able to shoot halfway decently? I know I do. DHam has had some moments, Boat is Boat, and no one else wants to step up.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Why wouldn't you expect highly recruited kids to be able to shoot halfway decently? I know I do.

They weren't particularly good shooters coming in - that tends not to change.

If you want a perimeter threat, you find a kid who is one and then bring that kid in.

Reaction Score
They weren't particularly good shooters coming in - that tends not to change.

If you want a perimeter threat, you find a kid who is one and then bring that kid in.
So what is Purvis, strictly a slasher...if he wants to play at the next level (or even Europe) may want to work on his shot....even mid-range.

I thought Cassell was supposed to be a good shooter? We needed a shooter in this game but he barely saw the floor. Why is he here?

Reaction Score
Time to stop making excuses for Purvis. He was playing bball in practice against better guards hes facing now(Shabazz/Boat) and if he's out there he's healthy enough to play especially hit an outside shot from time to time. He needs to work on his game big time BC Boat needs help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom