The FCC Needs to Hear About This! | The Boneyard

The FCC Needs to Hear About This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Obscenity is not allowed in the broadcasting industry, but SNY has aired such grossly inappropriate material that it can only be described as an obscenity.

The computer-graphic at the opening of the SNY UConn broadcasts shows a digital scoreboard. Fair enough. But then, things get very ugly. It shows the score as 64-64. And worse, there are only two seconds left. What are we to conclude? Who scores 64 against the Huskies? And when are the Huskies held down to 64? Disgusting! Filthy rotten! And not only are the Huskies not winning, but they are heading to overtime. Yeah, I know... Stanford. But that was a fluke and an obscene game too.

Sign the petition to have the FCC take immediate action! Go to WiggyPhantomRanting.TV, and add your name to the thousands. Do it right now!

Reaction Score
I'll do it if SNY stops airing that stupid bank commercial I've seen so many times. I want compensation for the brain damage it must have caused. Also I had to get a DVR to record the games so I can fast forward past those stupid bank commercials.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Amen. I often start watching about 30 minutes late. I can fast forward past the bank ad and "kars for kiddz" yet still end when the game does.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I'll do it if SNY stops airing that stupid bank commercial I've seen so many times. I want compensation for the brain damage it must have caused. Also I had to get a DVR to record the games so I can fast forward past those stupid bank commercials.

I promise I will never set foot in that bank!! Those commercials and the actors in them are beyond annoying!

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Watching the same professionally produced commercials may become somewhat annoying, but I'm thankful there are willing sponsors to fund the games. If it's a company I can use, I use it. Frankly, I'm amazed the sponsors pay for so many spots in a single game. Their media planners must know they've reached the saturation point. Maybe they're being good corporate citizens.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Watching the same professionally produced commercials may become somewhat annoying, but I'm thankful there are willing sponsors to fund the games. If it's a company I can use, I use it. Frankly, I'm amazed the sponsors pay for so many spots in a single game. Their media planners must know they've reached the saturation point. Maybe they're being good corporate citizens.

Fair point. But some of the irritating stuff isn't paid for by anybody. The UConn student at the masked ball is getting tiresome. The roll call of AAC coaches, repleat with Carl Orff sound-alike music is really weird, and those pink kids are, well, whatever. But compared to not seeing the Huskies play, it's ALL good.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Watanabe, that commercial feeds the bulldog!
upload_2015-2-25_14-47-7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc