The day the music died | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The day the music died

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Well, then, crawl under the sink and polish off a bottle of Drano to make the world stop hurting you.

Or buy an $8 ticket to next week's Boston College-Maine game and start a new life where the worst thing you can lose to is Wake Forest or Purdue.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is stupid. Rutgers doing well and drawing well brings credence to the idea that eastern expansion can be beneficial. They were supposed to be a train wreck and may actually be a middle of the pack B10 team. Think, then post.

Why would the Big 10 add UConn if they already have a successful team that is generating interest in New York? So they can get New England too? We need them to think that they are getting New York AND New England when they add UConn. If they already have New York, then the incremental value of New England is less.

As for BCU, they need to suck for a bunch of reasons for UConn to have any realistic shot of getting invited into the ACC. If BCU and Syracuse are successful and delivering NY/NE from a fan interest perspective, the ACC is not inviting UConn.

Let the other ex-Big East teams like Louisville, Pitt and WVU be successful.

Think, then post.

Reaction Score
BC is starting 5 graduate students on their O-line this year. I've never heard of that before. I'm going to assume their O-line next year is going to absolutely suck?

As for Rutgers over Penn State, don't we want Rutgers to do well? I don't want Rutgers to suck and leaving a bad taste of eastern expansion in the mouths of the B1G decision makers.
And why did USC show up with 53 players? I know they are down scholarships and players were hurt but to show up undermanned like they did is pretty strange for a national program. How do they not get their suspension lifted for what Lane Kiffen did as opposed to Penn State and their molester.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
And why did USC show up with 53 players? I know they are down scholarships and players were hurt but to show up undermanned like they did is pretty strange for a national program. How do they not get their suspension lifted for what Lane Kiffen did as opposed to Penn State and their molester.
I think they are still under-manned based on the Reggie Bush violations. What's odd to me is the announcers kept talking about how they have no depth, but never told you why. As opposed to a college basketball broadcast, where past transgressions are dutifully mentioned throughout the broadcast.

And USC should have sold out on stopping the run, Murphy throws like Tyler Lorenzen.

Reaction Score
USC could not run the ball against BC. 29 attempts for 20 yards.

Me thinks USC came in a little over rated or BC has a better D front then I had thought...maybe a little of both.

Reaction Score
BC is starting 5 graduate students on their O-line this year. I've never heard of that before. I'm going to assume their O-line next year is going to absolutely suck?

As for Rutgers over Penn State, don't we want Rutgers to do well? I don't want Rutgers to suck and leaving a bad taste of eastern expansion in the mouths of the B1G decision makers.

I wanted BC (even though I don't like them) to do well because it's good for our region. It says football can still be played in the Northeast. I am a Yankee fan but I would still like the Red Sox to beat the Dodgers in the World Series! Rutgers beating Penn State a year removed from the AAC doesn't hurt.

Funning thing, Adagio wanted a duel threat quarterback and let Boyle go. QB Tyler Murphy rushed for 191 yds on 13 carries! Adazio turning program around.

Reaction Score
Is that the week UConn loses to Temple or the week they lose to Tulane? Because I'm pretty sure once the conference season starts the worst teams they can lose to are Purdue and Wake Forest and that doesn't seem nearly as bad.

This is stupid. What you are basically admitting to ... is that YOU feel emotionally and think intellectually that Football is about the names and not the quality of the play.

Reaction Score
Why would the Big 10 add UConn if they already have a successful team that is generating interest in New York? So they can get New England too? We need them to think that they are getting New York AND New England when they add UConn. If they already have New York, then the incremental value of New England is less.

As for BCU, they need to suck for a bunch of reasons for UConn to have any realistic shot of getting invited into the ACC. If BCU and Syracuse are successful and delivering NY/NE from a fan interest perspective, the ACC is not inviting UConn.

Let the other ex-Big East teams like Louisville, Pitt and WVU be successful.

Think, then post.

The correct answer ...

Rutgers playing competitively with Penn State makes elevating UConn more realizable. We aren't that far off. We beat Rutgers last November ... and proved over a decade that we can win with our own style of recruits and OUR AD is far more based on excellence & less shlock. BC ... too.

Reaction Score
Good luck with that. The only part of New England that UConn brings is the state of Connecticut. The rest of New England has little interest in Husky athletics and many of them consider Connecticut to be the least New England state of the six.

Dumb

New England is New England.

I can absolutely tell you that for a BIG UConn basketball game, I have been at Killington or in downtown Burlington or Portsmouth. The TV is on and folks are rooting for UConn. I think the feeling of regional pride is far more than you protest.

Reaction Score
Both Penn State and USC are horribly imbalanced personnel wise. I wouldn't make to much of either games.

Reaction Score
USC could not run the ball against BC. 29 attempts for 20 yards.

Me thinks USC came in a little over rated or BC has a better D front then I had thought...maybe a little of both.
Don't Brown puts together great defensive game plans. Think our game at Louisville.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is stupid. What you are basically admitting to ... is that YOU feel emotionally and think intellectually that Football is about the names and not the quality of the play.

Those teams are all equally shi**ty, so me like 99% of people in the world would rather lose to Purdue than Tulane.

Reaction Score
Good luck with that. The only part of New England that UConn brings is the state of Connecticut. The rest of New England has little interest in Husky athletics and many of them consider Connecticut to be the least New England state of the six.

The good news on this is UConn brings the STATE of Connecticut........BC is lucky to being the whole CITY of Boston to the "interest" pool! Do we need to post pictures of the crowds at the basketball and football games for you?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
There is no doubt that the entire state of Connecticut with a population of some 3 million fully supports UConn athletics. The notion however that NYC and the rest of New England strongly follows UConn has little basis and is delusional fantasy.

There is delusional fantasy posted in this thread but you will need to look into the mirror to see it.

Reaction Score
How did your profile get in my mirror?

The Beanpot tourney coming soon? You have nothing else.......

By the way you are welcome for that QB who came from the "least thought of the NE states..." :rolleyes:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I get it now, RF is a Rhody Ram.

It must suck to have to look up in life to PC.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

You're so right. These people in Boston really seem to have very little interest in Husky athletics.

Dooley

Reaction Score
...and these people look like they're half asleep.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If BCU and Rutgers are succeeding, that is one less reason for the ACC or Big 10 to add UConn. We need one or both programs to suck.
Not seeing the logic it that at all. It's not like we're competing against them for a slot.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have to say Highpoint Stadium looked awesome last night. It was a great college football game atmosphere.

Dooley

Reaction Score
...and it's too bad people at Fenway, including many ballplayers, couldn't care less either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom