The Big Lead sits down with Calhoun | The Boneyard

The Big Lead sits down with Calhoun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bet the writer had a hard time transcribing everything.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
My favorite part of any extended Calhoun interview: How much they have to put in brackets. For example: "In my tenure, I had nearly 20 players leave early, but [most of them had developed more than most in this day and age]."
What?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Inyatkin said:
My favorite part of any extended Calhoun interview: How much they have to put in brackets. For example: "In my tenure, I had nearly 20 players leave early, but [most of them had developed more than most in this day and age]."
What?

His early departures were more developed than today's one and done players.

Reaction Score
I found it funny they mentioned Wojo's tweet about KO being an NBA coach one day since Wojo was the co author of the Nate Miles Yahoo piece. I would've loved to see the look on JC's face when his name got brought up.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
good read, thanks for the link.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Enjoyed it, thanks. Did you notice he didn't mention the "nose picker" when he talked about coaches that consistently do well in the tournament?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Deserves its own thread.

Q: Adrian Wojnarowski, who’s as plugged into basketball as anybody, tweeted a few months ago that it’s “inevitable” Kevin Ollie would have a chance to coach in the NBA. Is that something that should scare UConn fans?
Not at all. I don’t mean to say this to knock Adrian, but when Kevin came from the Oklahoma City Thunder to join me as an assistant, Adrian had no idea what types of conversations we had. Kevin came back because he loves this University, saw himself as a college coach, and saw himself as the kind of guy who is going to help mold kids.

Right now, Kevin is learning how to be a coach, and he’s done an incredible job. I feel like a proud father. Do I expect Kevin to go to the NBA? Not at all, I don’t. That’s just me personally. He’s a guy that traveled for over a decade in the NBA, so I think he likes staying in Connecticut. He’s got a family here, he’s got a great wife, he’s got a great situation. Could he take an NBA job? Of course he could, but I think that’s a long way from coming to fruition. He’s only in his second year as a head coach, and he’s done a wonderful job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom