The battle for New York heating up? | The Boneyard

The battle for New York heating up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Meadowlands? The race track or MetLife stadium? There is no arena in use there anymore. Did they mean Newark? This should be played in Brooklyn or MSG.

Reaction Score
Izod Center is in the Meadowlands right next to MetLife.

It's.........alright. Probably a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to book than Brooklyn or MSG.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

It's....alright. Probably a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to book than Brooklyn or MSG.

This is all Duke. They get big turnouts in the Meadowlands and know we'll pull fewer fans there than to MSG (or Barclays). Everything they do schedule-wise has to benefit them in some way, even when they actually take on a decent OOC opponent. It can never be straight up.

Reaction Score
What? Not Helms national Champion and former 25 straight wins t-shirt producer Syracuse? What is going on here?

The ACC might not permit conference games to be conducted at a neutral site.

Reaction Score
Does this still count as a "neutral" site if UConn is the home team?

Reaction Score
Wait a minute - they're not playing Rutgers?

Delany are you listening?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

It's....alright. Probably a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to book than Brooklyn or MSG.

I'd much rather see a game at the Pru Center.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
The Courant says UCONN would be interested in playing old BE rivals and would love to schedule and annual game with the fruit at MSG.

Reaction Score
Nothing happens at the Pru so why not there.

It's Seton Hall's home arena for basically all their home games, so between the Devils and Pirates, it'll be hard to find good dates.

If you meant to say nothing *important* happens there, you should be more specific. :)

Reaction Score
The Courant says UCONN would be interested in playing old BE rivals and would love to schedule and annual game with the fruit at MSG.
Syracuse wanted nothing to do with us before we just won our 4th title in 16 years. There's no way they would take us on now. Boeheim is a coward.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Syracuse wanted nothing to do with us before we just won our 4th title in 16 years. There's no way they would take us on now. Boeheim is a coward.
Maybe having a regularly scheduled and positive SOS game will be enough to do it. I agree unlikely, but maybe their AD will do it whether the head fruit likes it or not.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Agree. Our days of playing the Fruit are over unless we meet in the Tournament. They want nothing to do with UCONN and to be honest, I think UCONN can do better. They are in a decline and playing in the ACC is only going to crush them further. <------- that's called turning the tables on their arrogant/stupid fans' statements about UCONN a few years ago back at the source.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nothing happens at the Pru so why not there.
Yep, better location with easier access, better restaurants in the area (especially in the Ironbound) and decent concessions. They should tear down the Izod Center. I don't think it is turning a profit anymore.

Reaction Score
Yep, better location with easier access, better restaurants in the area (especially in the Ironbound) and decent concessions. They should tear down the Izod Center. I don't think it is turning a profit anymore.

I wondered that myself, but I remember reading a story several years back that the NJSEA thought they would turn a profit with the Devils moving over to the Rock. Supposedly they're doing well since. I think part of it has to do with booking more family shows & concerts by having the facility free most of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom