Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Kiah looks 1" taller than Tina
AwJeezNotThisSheetAgain1.jpg

Reaction Score
I think a player's total height is over-rated. I bet knowledgeable talent evaluators look at shoulders -- not just breadth but how high the shoulders are from the floor. Kiah has great shoulders on both accounts. That, plus footwork, timing and desire make for a great rebounder and shot blocker.

Reaction Score
I think a player's total height is over-rated. I bet knowledgeable talent evaluators look at shoulders -- not just breadth but how high the shoulders are from the floor. Kiah has great shoulders on both accounts. That, plus footwork, timing and desire make for a great rebounder and shot blocker.

And speaking about evaluations, how about these!

BY_Tweet_18.png

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think it may have been her sophomore year when Geno was talking about Kiah's 3-point shooting. I think she hit 15 or so in a row in practice. She CAN shoot. She just needs to relax and take a few more shots. Kia shot a solid .750 (30-40) on FTs last year and has a nice form.

Reaction Score
I think it may have been her sophomore year when Geno was talking about Kiah's 3-point shooting. I think she hit 15 or so in a row in practice. She CAN shoot. She just needs to relax and take a few more shots. Kia shot a solid .750 (30-40) on FTs last year and has a nice form.

I remembered that as well. Unfortunately, she gets yanked when she missed because Geno thought she was not the best option, I also remembered Bria H throwing bricks after bricks - missed like a dozen in a row ...

I guessed this is based on what Geno saw during practice at UConn and this is what Laimbeer saw during his practices...one of them is right, which one time will tell.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Shoulders? That is what you think talent evaluators look for in basketball players? Shoulders? Huh?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I remembered that as well. Unfortunately, she gets yanked when she missed because Geno thought she was not the best option, I also remembered Bria H throwing bricks after bricks - missed like a dozen in a row ...

I guessed this is based on what Geno saw during practice at UConn and this is what Laimbeer saw during his practices...one of them is right, which one time will tell.
Not fair to drag poor Bria into a comparison on shooting. She was an enigma streaky (0 for 11) on 3pt attempts at MD in''13 and clutch big dagger against Baylor as a Freshmen.
Also no comparison between Geno & Lamebeer in basketball or life.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
One thing JA didn't Tweet is that JA asked Laimbeer if he asked Kiah why she didn't shoot more. He said he asked Kiah and she said she thought she wasn't allowed to shoot --- #KiahGate This statement could be a thread on its own with interesting meaningless debate. As others have said, she seemed to have a short hook, but she passed up more shots than she took. I can not imagine Geno or CD telling her she isn't allowed to shoot. Doesn't seem like it is in their DNA though I have been wrong before. She must have been joking.

Still, this makes me happy

Reaction Score
Not fair to drag poor Bria into a comparison on shooting. She was an enigma streaky (0 for 11) on 3pt attempts at MD in''13 and clutch big dagger against Baylor as a Freshmen.
Also no comparison between Geno & Lamebeer in basketball or life.

We are talking about Kiah, none of the other stuffs.

Geno said he did his best to develop her offensive skills, to no avail. Laimbeer said she can shoot. Laimbeer has not coach her in a real game yet, so he may come to the same conclusion as Geno, or Kiah responds better to Laimbeer and becomes a great all-around player, kind of like Tiffany Hayes when she is allowed just to play.

Geno is a great coach, but not everyone responds to him the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom