The "2015, 2016, 2017 Recruiting" Prefix | The Boneyard

The "2015, 2016, 2017 Recruiting" Prefix

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I hate it.

Why should a post about that fetus named Tremont Waters get more attention than a post about, gee I don't know, a kid who actually plays for us?

I say get rid of these silly tags.

I like recruiting, and I value the hard work being done by 3uconn and others. But enough with the color coded crap. This message board isn't a Trapper Keeper.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I hate it.

Why should a post about that fetus named Tremont Waters get more attention than a post about, gee I don't know, a kid who actually plays for us?

I like recruiting, and I value the hard work being done by 3uconn and others. But enough with the color coded crap. This message board isn't a Trapper Keeper.

In the offseason, what else do we really have to talk about? Pizza, wings, beer, varmint removal and recruiting.

Reaction Score
nomar said:
I hate it. Why should a post about that fetus named Tremont Waters get more attention than a post about, gee I don't know, a kid who actually plays for us? I say get rid of these silly tags. I like recruiting, and I value the hard work being done by 3uconn and others. But enough with the color coded crap. This message board isn't a Trapper Keeper.

That might break the Boneyard record for passionate hatred to triviality ratio. I was going to call it a tie with the new logo vitriol that some folks still cling to, and probably 50 percent of Fishy's posts, but then you went for the Trapper Keeper reference in your close, and I think that put you over the top. I haven't seen or heard a Trapper Keeper reference in 20 years.

Reminds me of my annoyance at the little nook in Connecticut's northern border. Why'd we give that up to Massachusetts? There's nothing there - maybe a department store in Southwick - but why can't we have a nice smooth border like all those Midwestern states? It makes us look weak to just give away border nooks all willy nilly. I think this has hurt us in realignment (we frankly are looking for state schools with better border maintenance).

Reaction Score
I like the tags because it's a good way to keep track of recruiting and easy to sort. Personally, I thought it would work best if we used these tags, but had one topic per player and placed all the updates there.

Yes, this. The real value of the tags would be to consolidate info on a player and make that info easy to find.

Reaction Score
I hate it.

Really? Really???? Come on, like it's a colored tag man, does it matter that much. If you don't want to talk about recruiting then you should like them, you know what not to click on. And why insult the kid that may end up being the best PG in his class?

I'm with everyone else, keep em, makes it easier to follow the players instead of them all bunched into one.

Reaction Score
Yes, this. The real value of the tags would be to consolidate info on a player and make that info easy to find.

yup, now the next step is getting guys on board and following tcf's lead and actually posting the recruit related content in those threads

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I like the tags because it's a good way to keep track of recruiting and easy to sort. Personally, I thought it would work best if we used these tags, but had one topic per player and placed all the updates there.

This is really nitpicking, but since we are discussing the subject:

Is there any way to make the Tags shorter (ie by removing the "recruiting" wording)? Colors + years would signify to all what we are talking about. I read the Boneyard on my phone, and screen real estate is paramount.

I realize this is a small problem, but I'll just put it out there anyway.

Reaction Score
yup, now the next step is getting guys on board and following tcf's lead and actually posting the recruit related content in those threads

Agreed. I've been trying to stick to it. I got sidetracked posting Malik Beasley stuff in the Nike Global Challenge thread though. Excellent point.

Reaction Score
I have some new personal beauty products, novo pastel window dressings, and a new line of tinted pantyhose I'd like to share if any of you ladies are available later.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
They have Trapper Keepers with kitties; if we can get one with the new Husky logo I'd pay a premium for it:

5-cattrapperkeeper.jpg

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
8893 said:
They have Trapper Keepers with kitties; if we can get one with the new Husky logo I'd pay a premium for it:

^^ wow they have a Kentucky trapper keeper but not a UConn one?

Reaction Score
I like the tags. I don't know if users are aware of this, but if you select the tag it brings you to a list of posts that categorize to that recruiting year.

Reaction Score
I hate it.

OP, that fetus named Tremont Waters could very well be wearing Husky gear in a few years. I'd like to be able to click on a clearly labeled recruiting tab and see news, development updates, stats, rumors, etc all about Tremont "Class of 2017".

Reaction Score
I like the tags also. The 2016 and 2017 recruit tags I know not to click until a year or two from now.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
DogMania said:
I like the tags. I don't know if users are aware of this, but if you select the tag it brings you to a list of posts that categorize to that recruiting year.

Answer to the question : " what is a tag , and what is their purpose? " :)

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Really? Really???? Come on, like it's a colored tag man, does it matter that much. If you don't want to talk about recruiting then you should like them, you know what not to click on. And why insult the kid that may end up being the best PG in his class?

I'm with everyone else, keep em, makes it easier to follow the players instead of them all bunched into one.

I assume you don't really think I decreased our chances of landing Tremont Waters with my "insult" (even if somehow you think that what I said constituted an "insult"), so I don't quite understand why you'd say what you said.

Anyway, it appears I'm outnumbered, so that's that. I said my piece.

Reaction Score
I assume you don't really think I decreased our chances of landing Tremont Waters with my "insult" (even if somehow you think that what I said constituted an "insult"), so I don't quite understand why you'd say what you said.

Anyway, it appears I'm outnumbered, so that's that. I said my piece.

No, I don't think your comment will have an effect on our chances, never even thought of it that way. I just don't understand why you said it?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
No, I don't think your comment will have an effect on our chances, never even thought of it that way. I just don't understand why you said it?

It was a harmless joke. He's 16 years old and has three years of high school left.

Reaction Score
I hate it.

This is a joke right? I mean they're just prefix tabs it's not that serious

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
This is a joke right? I mean they're just prefix tabs it's not that serious

Wow, thanks for putting it all into perspective. Now I realize that they're just color coded tags that I merely find annoying. Prior to your comment, I was planning on boycotting the Boneyard and/or checking into a mental health institution. But now I'm back on firm ground. Thanks man!

Reaction Score
I like when people get annoyed around here durning the summer. What else is there to do? I am ready to hunt down Chap and smash his key board- is it important? No. But I am annoyed.

Reaction Score
I would like a "chief" tag so I know which threads have must read insights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom