The 11 Nations of the United States | The Boneyard

The 11 Nations of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
This is an interesting cultural perspective map of the U.S. for all of you fellow CR nuts.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-11-nations-of-the-united-states-2015-7

"Encompassing the entire Northeast north of New York City and spreading through Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota, Yankeedom values education, intellectual achievement, communal empowerment, and citizen participation in government as a shield against tyranny. Yankees are comfortable with government regulation."

I think we belong with our Yankeedom peers in the B1G

Reaction Score
The Dutch would have a small piece of Michigan if the map wasn't a sweeping over generalization.

Reaction Score
I find it interesting that North Carolina's cultural divide mid state is almost the same boundry between the Carolina style of barbeque...the eastern vinegar based sauce vs the western sweet tomato based sauce.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
If I were Jim Delaney, I migh have to remove The University of Illinois and NW. Evan Williams? Really?
I would drink EW over JD every day of the week. These are some horribly pedestrian choices.

Reaction Score
Hard to believe this map....only one bourbon state?

Jack is a Tennessee whiskey....but a heck of a lot of southerners drink bourbon. I like Blanton's neat as well as any high corn content bourbon (single barrel)...and often drink lesser bourbons (Knob Creek, JB, etc) with a splash.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I would drink EW over JD every day of the week. These are some horribly pedestrian choices.

It like the "most likely to be on tap" map that was out a few weeks ago. Michigan's? Miller Lite. No Oberon, no Dirty B&stard, no Two Hearted Ale, none of the mass shipped craft beers Michigan is known for. Miller freaking Lite.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
It like the "most likely to be on tap" map that was out a few weeks ago. Michigan's? Miller Lite. No Oberon, no Dirty B&stard, no Two Hearted Ale, none of the mass shipped craft beers Michigan is known for. Miller freaking Lite.
McDonald's sells the most hamburgers.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Jack is a Tennessee whiskey....but a heck of a lot of southerners drink bourbon. I like Blanton's neat as well as any high corn content bourbon (single barrel)...and often drink lesser bourbons (Knob Creek, JB, etc) with a splash.
I suspect this is most likely the name-brand liquor people call for in mixed drinks (JD and Coke, etc.). Or shots like Fireball.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I find Yankeedom oddly ironic. They're comfortable with big government to protect them from tyranny?

It seems to me that big government = tyranny.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
McDonald's sells the most hamburgers.

I know. Michigan has so many great breweries and new ones popping up all the time that you wish people would actually taste what they drink.

Reaction Score
Most of 'merica is lazy so that is why the pedestrian will always do well... That said, my wife and I just launched a liqueur line in CT (Hartford Flavor Company's Wild Moon Liqueurs) and it is doing really well in its first few months so I still have hope that there are a lot of people with very good taste out there and they will continue to climb in numbers. Keep the faith! :)

Reaction Score

billy I'm with you on Blanton's, but I have it on the rocks. You're more man than I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom