That Thanksgiving tourney in Florida in 2014? | The Boneyard

That Thanksgiving tourney in Florida in 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
A Ft. Myers insider says that it will be held at the Germaine Arena....a multi-purpose facility....holds around 7G. The details are sketchy at this point....I have seen the event listed as Nov. 28-30 and also
Nov. 27-29. The 27th is Thanksgiving day so I suspect the 28th is the accurate starting day.
This year Middle Tenn beat Mississippi in the finals...it was the first 'Gulf Coast Showcase'....a recent article
touts the 2014 event as a big one thanks to the presence of the #1 progam in the land. Last I heard there
are 6 teams invited with 2 more to come...hopefully one of them will be a big time school.

Florida Gulf Coast may well be in the 2015 version....the Germaine Arena is just one mile from their campus.

Reaction Score
If anyone knows where the team will be staying at this event, please post.

Reaction Score
If anyone knows where the team will be staying at this event, please post.
I don't know where the team will be staying but Embassy Suites is a couple of miles south of the Germaine Arena. I stayed there for a youth baseball tournament and rooms were nice. Good food and happy hours in hotel lounge. It's a possibility.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Just a reminder: A UConn grad is Director of Women's basketball at Florida Gulf Coast.
Barbara Turner tagged her with the moniker 'Our lil' linebacker'....more formally known as
Mel Thomas. Come to think....Barbara had some linebacker in her as well.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't know where the team will be staying but Embassy Suites is a couple of miles south of the Germaine Arena. I stayed there for a youth baseball tournament and rooms were nice. Good food and happy hours in hotel lounge. It's a possibility.
Well looking at a map, there is a Miromar Outlet Mall right across a pond from the Germain Arena. I guess we know where CD and the girls will be when they are not playing.

Reaction Score
One of the big uses of Germaine is ice hockey, and it gets notoriously cold in there during concerts and sporting events. Anyone going to the tourney would be wise to bring a jacket, despite the 80F outside November temps in our area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom