That Stanford Loss.... | The Boneyard

That Stanford Loss....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everyone keeps making a big deal about that Stanford loss.... but lets look at it from another perspective

That loss was the second game of the season, we had six regular players returning. Both Tuck and Chong saw little action the year before. It was the second game of the season out west... KML was reportedly not feeling well... and even missed practice following the game due to illness and sat out the next game.... and UCONN lost the game by 2 points in overtime. 2 points in overtime....... It was not some big huge loss, it was Stanford putting together a perfect game. It was 2 points...

Besides that, in the past two seasons we are 76-1. That is pretty darn impressive.

I just am really getting tired of hearing about that loss as if it was some major defeat.

Reaction Score
Everyone keeps making a big deal about that Stanford loss.... but lets look at it from another perspective

That loss was the second game of the season, we had six regular players returning. Both Tuck and Chong saw little action the year before. It was the second game of the season out west... KML was reportedly not feeling well... and even missed practice following the game due to illness and sat out the next game.... and UCONN lost the game by 2 points in overtime. 2 points in overtime.. It was not some big huge loss, it was Stanford putting together a perfect game. It was 2 points...

Besides that, in the past two seasons we are 76-1. That is pretty darn impressive.

I just am really getting tired of hearing about that loss as if it was some major defeat.
Well, we'd have an impressive win streak without it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think it is a reminder of just how hard it is to sustain the consistent level of excellence that we've come to expect from our Huskies. They are just one basket away from another 70 something win streak.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
plus adjustments that were made in personnel and attitude made a difference the rest of the season. So whereas it was the high for Stanford who struggled a great deal the rest of the season, it was the low which made UConn much better. UConn should be sending thank you chocolates to Palo Alto!

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I think it is a reminder of just how hard it is to sustain the consistent level of excellence that we've come to expect from our Huskies. They are just one basket away from another 70 something win streak.
I believe it would be 83 wins in a row right now.

Reaction Score
People- - - Without the debacle at Stanford there is no successful results up to the FF! It was the best thing that happened to UCONN and the coaches knew it! It got the players full attention! They switched Tuck & Nurse to starters and Chong & Stokes (with Gabby) were magnificent off the bench! They improved their defense 150%!

Reaction Score
At the time of the Stanford loss.... I said on this forum that it was a "good" loss if there could ever be one.... coz we needed to learn how to play without Stef as the hub from which all offense flowed ...and other things as well..... and out of that game..... we decided that we needed the balance and grit of Morgan and the defense of Kia Nurse.....

The continuous thought about this game I have had all year since that loss.... It was SO painfully obvious that we lost this game much more than Stanford won it. Tara deserves great credit for her part..... boldly changing her sets after Chiney's graduation..... but make no mistake..... we lost it.... our defense particularly on the dribble drive .... was atrocious......

Related to this, I find it sooooo funny that people have played the comparison game all year long.... gee UConn lost to Stanford, and so and so beat Stanford , therefore, "X" should be...... The game was not a fluke, but it certainly showed the best of one team and the worst of another.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom