That rat bastard Defillippo is retiring as BC AD. Yeah, he couldn't do it last year!!! | The Boneyard

That rat bastard Defillippo is retiring as BC AD. Yeah, he couldn't do it last year!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He probably figured his work was done. Remember, his main goal was getting and keeping BCU away from UConn.

Reaction Score
His one sniff of success....so far. Now they can finally get Jags back!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Bout goddam time.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

DrDos

Skimmer
Reaction Score
MAY HIS UNDERWARE CHAFE . . . AND HIS FORTUNES WANE !

Darth_Vader.jpg

Reaction Score
There is a morning sport talk show here in Bham that covers a few topics in addition to nonstop SEC FB each day. Today the three (former Bama QB, Jay Barker, former Auburn kicker, Al DelGreco, and longtime DJ, Tony Kuri) were talking about coach and AD turn over. Don't know where he got the info but Kuri made a comment that Flipper would be hard to replace because he was a good fund raiser and threw out a number of $20 million last year. Seemed like a giant number to me for a school like BC. Does anyone know if in fact it is a big number and if so if it is correct? I sent an email to JOX asking where they got the number but have not heard back.

Reaction Score
According to the BC Athletic site was over $20 mil last year. 2011 was $17.5 MIL

Reaction Score
Flipper has mixed results. I hate the guy, but you have to look at the whole picture.

First the "good". If you are a BC fan, then you are happy that you are in the ACC and that Flipper did whatever it took to make it happen. The fundraising isn't terrible either. They are on more solid footing strategically and that is a big plus,

The bad. TOB did not get along with Flipper, and TOB was boring. BC wanted a coach that could get them championships and be a younger and more energetic face of the program. Jugs, could have been that guy. He was for sure a talented coach and was in demand after a successful turn as the Packers OC and BC.

Everyone applauded Flipper for firing him for talking to an NFL team, but in the end Flipper did his program a gross disservice. Once you get a good coach, you should do everything you can to keep him. BC pushed him out. Now they have a second rate staff and they are getting second rate results. Finding a great coach is hard, and BC is no "destination" school.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I hate the guy, but you have to look at the whole picture.

Why? Because he made the trains run on time? He tried to kill out football program with his deceit and treachery. He just stuck another knife in it last year. He's a bum.

Reaction Score
Everyone applauded Flipper for firing him for talking to an NFL team,

Pretty sure he was widely ridiculed for that, and even more so when he followed it up by hiring Spaz.

Reaction Score
"DeFilippo said he plans to take a short sabbatical and then teach courses in sports management while working as a consultant." = BC couldn't match the offer he received to become a consultant. Just like Jerry Maguire repeats Ron Tidwell's words back to him...
show-me-the-money.jpg

I know it's a somewhat cynical view, however... :D

Reaction Score
Pretty sure he was widely ridiculed for that, and even more so when he followed it up by hiring Spaz.

That was too broad brush of me to say everyone. There were a great deal of holier than thou sportswriter types who praised the move.

I love journalists. They just write about stuff but they never really have to make big decisions.

Reaction Score
Come to think of it, neither do we:)

Well, it's not we are getting paid to post.

I seem to remember Pat Forde and Matt Zemek talking about how "courageous" Flipper was in making a stand. I'm not certain that either of those guys ever have to make decisions on a similar scale as an AD. As long as the maintain their journalistic integrity as they chirp from the rocks like a seagull then they are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom