Thanks Seth Greenberg | The Boneyard

Thanks Seth Greenberg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seth Greenberg‏@SethOnHoops 22h22 hours ago
UK backcourt could be the nations best. Key will be the trust they develop. Ulis will lead, Murray can play on & off ball, Briscoe attacks

Mike Murphy‏@Mike_Mubbs 1h1 hour ago
@SethOnHoops .... #UCONN .... @rpurvis44 @JalenAdams25 @SterlingGibbs4

Seth GreenbergVerified account‏@SethOnHoops 47m47 minutes ago
@Mike_Mubbs @rpurvis44 @JalenAdams25 @SterlingGibbs4 not in the same class.

Sterling Gibbs‏@SterlingGibbs4 10m10 minutes ago
Sterling Gibbs retweeted Seth Greenberg
1f440.png
1f624.png

Perfect locker room material. Thanks Greenberg.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Ah, the Kentucky hype machine never seems to die down.

Reaction Score
Ahhh more fools underestimating UConn and their talent. What else is new....gonna have to prove the doubters wrong as we do time and time again.

Funny how expectations are consistently set low and we are constantly underestimated. Why do no other schools get this rep? Yet we are one of the best bball programs of all time...

Reaction Score
Well his evaluation of talent has always been amazing. I mean look how well he did while at Virginia Tech, 5 NIT appearances in 8 years!!

22 years head coaching experience, 3 NCAA tourney bids. Hasn't made it to the second weekend.

Reaction Score
This isn't going to be an outlier opinion. With Murray being so highly regarded in addition to the recruits they already had.

Reaction Score
I think I can now decipher twitter world. Bath backcourts are stacked. The advantage is that we have the best guard teacher in America.

Reaction Score
He is sipping that Dan dakich level haterade no doubt .

Reaction Score
I agree that Ulis has shown better than the others, esp. when 3 of the people in the discussion haven't even taken a fall semester class yet. But I definitely agree that a senior like Gibbs, an athletic attack guard like Purvis who showed what he can do in the last 3rd of the season, and Jalen Adams (who I wanted above and before Briscoe) are in the same league with Kentucky's kids.

Reaction Score
I agree that Ulis has shown better than the others, esp. when 3 of the people in the discussion haven't even taken a fall semester class yet. But I definitely agree that a senior like Gibbs, an athletic attack guard like Purvis who showed what he can do in the last 3rd of the season, and Jalen Adams (who I wanted above and before Briscoe) are in the same league with Kentucky's kids.
Wasn't Cassell JUCO player of the year? I hope he breaks out because he is being neglected and forgotten. Imagine if . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I mean, were due to meet them in the final four so we'll get to see it play out.

Reaction Score
LOL. Ulis is a better college basketball player than Gibbs and Purvis.

I will try to keep bias out of this but Ulis has not proven to be better than Gibbs, nor has he had the opportunity. Purvis and Ulis are not comparable because they play totally different positions.

I like Ulis and think he would have been their best answer last year but he wasn't allowed that due to the Harrison's overstaying their welcome LOL. He is a very good defender and makes shots from the small sampling we saw. So does Gibbs and shoots it consistently and has lead a team, albeit not a very good one. I will say you eventually should be right but at the given moment I am not sure you are. We will see.

Reaction Score
Wait do you agree or disagree with this statement because I think Ulis is arguably the best of the three? To say we're not in the same class though...

Seriously? Ulis better than Gibbs? And I'd take a junior Purvis over a freshman Murray or Briscoe any day of the week. Even with him stepping out of bounds half the time. Then Adams and one or the other is a toss up, with potentially a slight edge to Kentucky. Uconn bc > Kentucky bc. In a comparable class no doubt. And to be honest, both are as equally in doubt of chemistry meshing.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Seriously? Ulis better than Gibbs? And I'd take a junior Purvis over a freshman Murray or Briscoe any day of the week. Even with him stepping out of bounds half the time. Then Adams and one or the other is a toss up, with potentially a slight edge to Kentucky. Uconn bc > Kentucky bc. In a comparable class no doubt. And to be honest, both are as equally in doubt of chemistry meshing.
Yep. I've seen more of Ulis than Gibbs(very little on the latter), but I instantly loved Ulis' floor game. Makes good decisions with the basketball. My kind of point guard. Couldn't believe he didn't get run over the Harrison twins. It's not a knock on Gibbs, I was just trying to clarify @businesslawyer 's post because his LOL statement made it confusing as to what he was laughing at the previous statements or his own. Agreed on Purvis and Adams and the fact that our backcourt is in the conversation.

Reaction Score
Ahhh more fools underestimating UConn and their talent. What else is new....gonna have to prove the doubters wrong as we do time and time again.

Funny how expectations are consistently set low and we are constantly underestimated. Why do no other schools get this rep? Yet we are one of the best bball programs of all time...

Whats more likely? That the talking heads are consistently wrong of their assessment of our team (last year aside) or they're all secretly huge fans of Uconn and know the best way for us to win is piss us off.

Reaction Score
Yep. I've seen more of Ulis than Gibbs(very little on the latter), but I instantly loved Ulis' floor game. Makes good decisions with the basketball. My kind of point guard. Couldn't believe he didn't get run over the Harrison twins. It's not a knock on Gibbs, I was just trying to clarify @businesslawyer 's post because his LOL statement made it confusing as to what he was laughing at the previous statements or his own. Agreed on Purvis and Adams and the fact that our backcourt is in the conversation.

I did like what I saw of Ulis with his creativity, ability to get to the rim and knock down the 3. Very Boat like, but in the same respects he's so small, so like Boat last season and with the absence of the twins, I see him getting beat up as the focus of all bc attention. We shall see!

Reaction Score
This isn't going to be an outlier opinion. With Murray being so highly regarded in addition to the recruits they already had.
I think the "not in the same class" comment is what has irked us. And I don't think it will be a popular opinion that our and UK's back courts are not in the same class. Our back court has got much more love thus far than not

Seth Greenberg is a moron who has to work for ESPN because even VT kicked him out. As someone noted, 3 NCAA appearances in his entire career. Dude is a small step above a Jeff Goodman.

Reaction Score

I agree. This is the guy that is better than Gibbs or Purvis?
SEASON AVERAGES
SEASON TEAM MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
2014-15 UK 23.8 1.8-4.5 .406 0.9-2.1 .429 1.1-1.4 .808 1.8 3.6 0.1 1.0 1.5 1.0 5.6

Reaction Score
Having said Greenberg is underestimating our backcourt and potentially the opposite with UK's, I like it this way. Hell we're not sure how good they'll be although we have a good idea. Anyway UConn players and teams seem to always be fine beginning as the underdog. It's a welcome start!

Reaction Score
I agree. This is the guy that is better than Gibbs or Purvis?
SEASON AVERAGES
SEASON TEAM MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
2014-15 UK 23.8 1.8-4.5 .406 0.9-2.1 .429 1.1-1.4 .808 1.8 3.6 0.1 1.0 1.5 1.0 5.6
Hard to go by the stats since Cal used the platoon system. Still, Ulis posted a 3.6-1.0 assist to turnover ratio - that's pretty damn impressive for a freshman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom