Thank you Kentan Facey | The Boneyard

Thank you Kentan Facey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I will continue to repeat; by his senior year he will be in the AA team discussions.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
No doubt. Robin to Boat's Batman.

Too bad they were up against the Marvel All-Stars.

Reaction Score
He played well against Texas too. His production and quality play against top competition shows that he has substantial talent.

Reaction Score
Played really good night. Has a nose for the ball, athletic, good rebounder. If he can knock down that midrange shot consistently he can be such a weapon

Reaction Score
I wish, wish, wish KO would put in some wrinkles for him in our half court sets. Facey is essentially a garbage man. He has a nice touch and skills around the basket. Is it impossible to get him in a post-up opp or...? He scores at least 8 points a game off of bunnies and put backs. Can't we get him more involved? Dude has legit talent.

Reaction Score
I wish, wish, wish KO would put in some wrinkles for him in our half court sets. Facey is essentially a garbage man. He has a nice touch and skills around the basket. Is it impossible to get him in a post-up opp or...? He scores at least 8 points a game off of bunnies and put backs. Can't we get him more involved? Dude has legit talent.

I was thinking the same thing. He's got the best hands of the bigs, has some nice moves, and seems to be the only one that wants to grab every single rebound. He's earned a few opportunities a game.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He played great tonight. It was great to watch someone go up and grab the ball around the rim.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Like I've been saying, have him flash at the free throw line.

I'm not saying we redesign our offense around the kid, but having a few plays that allow him to be an option by design are more than warranted at this point.

Reaction Score
Thread titles like this kind of make me cringe. Great game for the kid, he should feel good. We still lost, though.

Reaction Score

Even when he gets the ball in good spots he almost never even looks at the rim.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Very happy to see him doing well. I hope the knuckleheads who called for Lubin to get more PT than him will come out of the woodworks soon...

In all seriousness, we are seeing why he was a Top 100 recruit/Gatorade POY. And I can only see him getting better.

Reaction Score
He's got nice hands and gets off the floor quickly especially after offensive rebounds. You see him gaining confidence. Like the team, he is still finding himself. Like what he can be come March, like the team.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He's not there yet, but he has the potential to be our best power forward post-Donyell Marshall.

Reaction Score
I am pretty stoked on him and Hamilton. A really good nucleus to build around.

Reaction Score
He's not there yet, but he has the potential to be our best power forward post-Donyell Marshall.

I really like Facey and I'd like to see him get some more opportunities within the flow of the offense. He's proven to be something of a savior on the boards. His points this year have been almost entirely on putbacks, though, so I think the "best since Donyell" thing might be a tad premature. Right now he's looking up at Gavin Edwards.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Kid needs to start. Only guy who when he grabs a rebound I am not surprised. After last night's up close and personal, it looks like we have too many of the same type of player. Boat, Purvis, Cassell, Tsam, Calhoun, and Hamilton are all drive to the hole guys. None are exceptional finishers at the hoop, none get to the line with regularity. Boat is the best of the bunch by far and the only guy on the court last night that looks like he could have played for Duke. No one can hit a spot up 3. Boat is the only guy I trust handling the ball but he is merely a great player not a transcendent one, so he can't do it alone.

Everyone else looks like they don't know how to shoot consistently, where to shoot from, or how to get to that spot. A lot of ugly looking bricks, short arming, off balance, drifting or just throwing up a prayer because they dribbled into trouble. Also passed up some early open 3's and let the D recover.

Other than the lack of points and a rather strange collection of whistles, not necessarily biased, but weird calls, I thought the team once again showed if can hang with the best teams. Duke looked every bit like a title contender. Although Okafor is terrific, he's not Kevin Durant by any stretch. He can be defended and scored upon by the right guys. The best guy on the floor for them was Jones, though I on one possession I watched him do the Kemba head fake six times from under his own basket all the way down the floor across the court to the far corner before one ref finally bought it.

Hamilton looked very tentative, Brimah was a disaster. Nolan held up pretty well by himself but no one draws four charges in a game, so his foul trouble was inevitable. I though Calhoun did well in his time on the court. He didn't get lost on D and made a few positive plays even if his shots didn't fall. He needs to hit spot up threes to help this team.

FT's...I guess the Nash drill isn't the end all, be all of making them, ugh. This team looks like it will get better, once everyone buys into their roles and takes better shots, but I fear there are no more opportunities to build a tournament resume, other that FL, Cincy, and maybe one other AAC team. Need to fight for every win the rest of the way. The AAC isn't getting any favors from the committee this year.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Just to point it out, I said he has the potential to be the best PF since Donyell Marshall. I surely don't think he's there as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom