Texas gets another great recruit. | The Boneyard

Texas gets another great recruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Texas has been on a roll this season but their recruiting has been great for a few years now. Aston just picked up a verbal commitment for Prospects Nation's 21st ranked player (4th PG) in Alecia Sutton (class of 2016) from the Missouri Phenom (same AAU team as Napheesa Collier): LINK Alecia is 11th ranked player in the nation on Hoopgurlz.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Program on the rise. The rest of the Big 12 better get busy. OU getting walloped by Duke.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Just more evidence that UT's pro-gay attitude and coaching staff is scaring all the good recruits away.

And more evidence that you post this literally every time, like every single time, that Texas lands a recruit. :)

Hey, I was dead wrong in 2012. Texas has historically been a very homophobic state, and UT has a lesbian-friendly reputation that absolutely hurt them with recruiting. What's more, I wanted my alma mater to win. But negative recruiting either hasn't materialized with Karen Aston or it wouldn't matter. I think times have changed. We've hit a tipping point on a national level where homophobia just isn't that cool anymore. It used to be the last remaining socially accepted manifestation of bigotry. Now it generally isn't. The wave of same-sex marriage acceptance contributed to that tipping point. Meanwhile, Brittney Griner's courage after she graduated negatively impacted the perception of Baylor BECAUSE of its homophobia, in my opinion.

Yep, I couldn't have been more wrong. And if there's something to the notion that I was wrong because homophobia is dying, I couldn't be happier about it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Texas is working on returning to their glory years. I see them as a top-5 program for the next few years. Maybe even top-3.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Is Aston a good coach ?
She seems to be a great recruiter. Her teams at Charlotte and North Texas were successful. She won over 100 games in 5 seasons. UT thought she was a good enough coach to hire her. Her background includes a long stint at UT and 2 stints at Baylor as an assistant/associate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom