Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | Page 34 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I agree and that's why I'm kinda happy he's visiting SC one last time for an exhibition. That could be the game that Frank Martin literally murders someone on the court.

Dare to dream. Martin's biggest failing isn't even his histrionics, it's his relative incompetence as a coach. I know he's had some success, but subtract Beasely from his resume, and how does it look?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I, for one, would put you back in the game as long as the news is good.

I'm just returning from the wilds of South Africa and may have missed it but is there currently any timetable for his decision?

Sooner. Then later. Then some reports of sooner.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Just heard it might be closer to a Nov 12 decision. Wonder how many pages this post will be by then?

Reaction Score
I will save you all the time and Just let you know now that Stone is going to Wisconsin, Mack is going to either UGA or SC, and Clarke is going to Va Tech.

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
I will save you all the time and Just let you know now that Stone is going to Wisconsin, Mack is going to either UGA or SC, and Clarke is going to Va Tech.

Why bring up these negative, unfathomable opinions???

He's a typical, miserable sox fan who will still feel cursed no matter how many championships they win.

pj

Reaction Score

DOOOOMED!

Reaction Score
Thank you for your interest in UConn basketball.

How am I an A hole for giving my opinion? Just because I am a realist and not a "rah rah" homer I am an A hole? Why is it that anytime anyone posts something that goes against the masses they get these ridiculous posts? Why not have a debate and state your opinion rather than respond with an insult like a 2 yr old?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I pretty much guarantee that you will wind up being incorrect on at least one of these three. Stone to UConn is a strong possibility.

Reaction Score
I pretty much guarantee that you will wind up being incorrect on at least one of these three. Stone to UConn is a strong possibility.
I agree that Stone is the most likely to sign with UConn but I think the draw of staying close to home at Wisconsin and his father's relationship with Bo Ryan are going to be tough to go against.

Reaction Score
How am I an A hole for giving my opinion? Just because I am a realist and not a "rah rah" homer I am an A hole? Why is it that anytime anyone posts something that goes against the masses they get these ridiculous posts? Why not have a debate and state your opinion rather than respond with an insult like a 2 yr old?

You're not an for having an opinion but you sure chose to present your opinion in the most a-holish way possible. In fact you didn't state it as an opinion at all did you? You make it sound as if you have some hard information but I'm guessing you don't know anything first hand and probably nothing second hand either. If it's your gut feeling, fine, state it as such. Or better yet, why even post something like that? It's really of no value other than to come across as an in which case, congratulations, mission accomplished.

Reaction Score

I don't think people think you're an balloon knot because of that one post, specifically. I think it's your collective body of work. You're a pretty miserable presence in that chat room during games, too, where it seems like you go out of your way to denigrate individual players and the program. Honestly, you and a couple others really make the chat room a cesspool sometimes.

So the whole "Hey, I'm not a rah rah homer" is garbage. I'm not a rah rah homer and I can be critical when it's warranted. You're just a troll trying to get a rise out of people.

Reaction Score
I think at least two are still strong possibilities but if we do strike out its because they wanted to play closer to home. That's not a bad excuse. Our two commits are locals. Might be a trend.

I am still very excited about recruiting in the Ollie era. It's a process and the future looks bright. I think a wing is a must for next season but 2016 looks like it could be a killer class.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Guys, let's calm down a little bit. It wasn't the best thing for him to say, but at the end of the day, it's not the biggest deal. And if anyone from another fan base that might stumble on this board, neither side is making us look exactly wonderful. Let's just relax.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

There is a ginormous difference between:

"I will save you all the time and Just let you know now that Stone is going to Wisconsin..."​

and

"I'm of the opinion that Stone is going to Wisconsin... Here's why."​

The first unyielding declarative statement sounds like an all knowing, omniscient, insider's insider. Or more a likely, a . The second sounds like a mildly pessimistic poster who may or may not have strong reasoning skills depending on what he says. If you can't see the difference, there's no help for you.

NB: why do extraordinarily critical/pessimistic people always say they are "realists". It makes no sense.

EDIT: what @Peacefrog said.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Guys, let's calm down a little bit. It wasn't the best thing for him to say, but at the end of the day, it's not the biggest deal. And if anyone from another fan base that might stumble on this board, neither side is making us look exactly wonderful. Let's just relax.

Eh, F everyone else. It's our house. If we want to sit on the couch with our hands in our pants Al Bundy style, then we can sit on the couch with our hands in our pants Al Bundy style.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Eh, F everyone else. It's our house. If we want to sit on the couch with our hands in our pants Al Bundy style, then we can sit on the couch with our hands in our pants Al Bundy style.
haha. i'll give you a like because that post made me laugh.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Isn't this just the normal tense home stretch of recruiting? I have never followed as closely before.
But we could end up with just Jalen & Enoch and some would feel disappointed (including me) others not. That is worse case.

We could also get Stone & Mack and we would might have to close the door on our longer shots Jones, Briscoe and Newman. What an amazing year that would be!

But if this makes you frustrated and miserable, maybe you shouldn't follow it. I would guess this is the regular nature of the beast.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Isn't this just the normal tense home stretch of recruiting?
Yes.

And it's worth noting that Mack & Stone are both house money. Of course we want to land them, but we'll be just fine if we don't (Look at our 2015-16 roster).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom