Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | Page 33 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
I thought we already said "Next" to Mack??...oh wait the crystal ball is up to it's old tricks again

I do trust Evans the most, I have had personal convos with him and I too get the sense that he is one of the more reliable recruiting sources out there, this could be a good sign or could be nothing at all

Reaction Score
This is really a classic boneyard thread. Initially, nobody really wanted Mack b/c Jones and Clarke were ranked higher. Then one by one we watch the other 3's meander w/ their choices and Mack becomes the chosen one and the guy who is clearly the best fit. Three or four pages ago random sources start saying a commitment is imminent and we all get excited and refresh every 5 minutes. Then, nothing happens and the stupid crystal ball changes and half the posters launch into the "next" and we really want Jones talk.

Now, a random crystal ball swings back (classic misread included) and we're all fired up again despite the fact that different reports say it's down to us and SC, then us and Georgia, then us and VCU, then SC and Georgia meaning essentially that no one knows anything as the kid has been pretty diplomatic and hasn't played his hand. So clearly, he'll be a Clemson Tiger in the next few days. The only thing it has missed is the typical "we didn't want him anyway" and "remember Emeka wasn't our first choice and we ended up just fine" talk after the first crystal ball swing. Dig it.

Reaction Score
Not really sure where the "nobody wanted Mack because Jones and Clarke were ranked higher" sentiment is coming from, quite a few people mentioned they wanted him because of his offense and skillset. I'm pretty sure someone even posted an article dozens of pages ago showing how Jones's and Mack's games were the opposite as his rational for preferring Mack. You came up with that one on your own.

This is really a classic boneyard thread. Initially, nobody really wanted Mack b/c Jones and Clarke were ranked higher. Then one by one we watch the other 3's meander w/ their choices and Mack becomes the chosen one and the guy who is clearly the best fit. Three or four pages ago random sources start saying a commitment is imminent and we all get excited and refresh every 5 minutes. Then, nothing happens and the stupid crystal ball changes and half the posters launch into the "next" and we really want Jones talk.

Now, a random crystal ball swings back (classic misread included) and we're all fired up again despite the fact that different reports say it's down to us and SC, then us and Georgia, then us and VCU, then SC and Georgia meaning essentially that no one knows anything as the kid has been pretty diplomatic and hasn't played his hand. So clearly, he'll be a Clemson Tiger in the next few days. The only thing it has missed is the typical "we didn't want him anyway" and "remember Emeka wasn't our first choice and we ended up just fine" talk after the first crystal ball swing. Dig it.

Reaction Score

This was hilarious and accurate. Well done.

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score

I think that video showing Mack working his tail off in practice, then relating the footage there to game footage is when the entire Board erupted into Macksteriya.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
While we are considering Mack's skillset and watching his decision from afar, VCU fans are still trying to figure out twitter so they can harass the kid. Such an odd odd bunch down there. I am glad we don't have to stoop to that stuff, but instead let our history and facilities speak for us.

Reaction Score

love everything about this

Reaction Score
The longer Mr Mack thinks about his choice, especially after his thought provoking visit to USC, the better chance we have of him coming to UConn where he can become a better player and person!;)

Reaction Score
Not really sure where the "nobody wanted Mack because Jones and Clarke were ranked higher" sentiment is coming from, quite a few people mentioned they wanted him because of his offense and skillset. I'm pretty sure someone even posted an article dozens of pages ago showing how Jones's and Mack's games were the opposite as his rational for preferring Mack. You came up with that one on your own.

The "no one wanted" comes from the idea that Mack was plan C initially and there was even some lament that an offer to Mack meant that Clarke's visit did not go as planned and that Jones would be a spring signee. There was then arguments about Clarke vs. Mack and to a lesser extent Mack vs. Jones as some still held onto the Jones is better just b/c of ranking. There were some who were also concerned that a Mack commitment now would put us out of play w/ Jones. So "no one wanted" is a bit strong, but the early pages are more about how it sucks that Clarke's visit didn't go well.

Not trying to rip on Mack or anything like that; like the kid's game a lot and he'd be a great addition. But this thread is pretty ridiculous and somehow still is gaining steam. All it really needs is a full on VCU infestation to be legendary.

Reaction Score
As soon as I saw that video of Mack's training process, he became the guy I wanted. Tall shooters who are meticulous about being able to repeat their shot mechanics in a variety of situations appeal to me for some reason.
I posted that video and that is absolutely when lots of people started to see that he brings a skill to the table (shooting ability) which UConn could really use, which the other two recruits do not have. This is a legit argument for wanting him. I agree with you and disagree with the OP's idea that people jumped into a love fest with him because we lost confidence in the other wing options.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The thing I want to know on Mack is who is putting out all the crap info and why?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I think that video showing Mack working his tail off in practice, then relating the footage there to game footage is when the entire Board erupted into Macksteriya.
This is correct.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The thing I want to know on Mack is who is putting out all the crap info and why?

My working hypothesis backed up by nothing at all is that all the ambiguation increases the hype (and therefore exposure) of the kid.

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score

If you ask me it's the black ops division of the NCAA.

Those guys can't seem to get enough of torturing our fan-base.

Why u ask? Payback for always winning National Championships that the blue bloods deserve - even after we've been banned, stripped of scholarships, and seeded too low.

It's payback I tell ya....

Reaction Score

There are wayyyyyy too many recruiting "experts" now. In the early days of the internet there were like 4-5 guys. Now everyone is an expert. It is really easy to say "I have a source" and then make a prediction. If you are right, you get credit for being an expert. If you are wrong, you just state that recruiting is a fluid situation. It's like being a weatherman. And with twitter it's quite easy to make a prediction and then change it as real info comes out.

Reaction Score
That's all possible, but also, Mack is a teenager, and he hasn't made up his mind yet. All of these predictions are guesses as to what decision Mack eventually makes. That's bound to be a losing battle.

Reaction Score
Would any sane person really choose to play for Frank Martin over Kevin Ollie? I mean talk about complete opposites..

Reaction Score
I get I am benched but like 3 I am hearing uconn is in good shape with mack

I, for one, would put you back in the game as long as the news is good.

I'm just returning from the wilds of South Africa and may have missed it but is there currently any timetable for his decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom