Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | Page 30 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Now we just need somebody from Clemson to claim they are in the lead and we'll have all the bases covered.

Heard from the guy behind the guy behind the guy that Clemson is definitively NOT out of the picture.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I would feel bad, but the combination of their batsh-t fans harrassing Mack on twitter, and, most egregious of all, reaching anywhere they think they can to try to denigrate UConn to somehow warp it so VCU is a more desirable in any aspect of being a basketball program in any universe

Haha, I wouldn't feel bad in the least.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Rodney P's mom did the same, he still chose NC State and Gottfried over UConn & JC.

Hopefully, he's offered his perspective to Mack.

Reaction Score
Anybody with a Rivals account that can share the gist of the new article that just came out?

Reaction Score
Anybody with a Rivals account that can share the gist of the new article that just came out?

Says 99 was foolish. ...:)

UConn: "They are UConn. They win a lot of games and produce pros. They get a lot of exposure. Those would be the main reasons I pick them."

Reaction Score
Sorry, I want the kids here that want to helps us win Championships not kids who want to get a lot of exposure.

Reaction Score
Mack also had in person visits Tuesday from Clemson coach Brad Brownell and Georgia assistant Philip Pearson, and he talked with Connecticut coach Kevin Ollie. And VCU coach Shaka Smart and his entire staff were in on Monday night.

As for where he is in the decision making process Mack said, "I'm not 100 percent sure yet. Signing Day is not until November 12th so it will be before that but I don't know exactly when. It really is any day now. It could be tomorrow or the day after that or two weeks from now."

Mack said there is no leader among the five. He does plan to go to USC Sunday for its exhibition game against Benedict.

http://www.thestate.com/2014/10/21/3759748_brownell-visits-mack-on-tuesday.html?rh=1

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Sorry, I want the kids here that want to helps us win Championships not kids who want to get a lot of exposure.
The first thing he says is "they win a lot of games."

And as for the "exposure" part, my guess is that UConn's spot at the top of the ladder - and the subsequent press that comes with it - was a big part of KO's pitch. The young man is planning for his future, and getting seen by millions in March and April is a big part of why he'd pick us.

Reaction Score
Georgia: "Definitely playing time. If I go there, I feel like I could play right away. Out of all the schools, I feel like I could the most there right away. The SEC is a great conference. I liked the way they used Kentavious Caldwell-Pope."

With Mack, he says there is one factor that will out-weigh all others.

"Definitely playing early is the most important. If you play early, in my opinion, it helps you get noticed by the NBA scouts. The only way you get better in my eyes is by playing. You don't get better sitting on the bench."

Reaction Score
So playing right away is his #1 desire... That's not so good for us.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
#1 factor playing right away? :oops:

Reaction Score
I don't know about you guys but I'm personally at "next".

Not there yet... He's obviously trying to decide if it's better for him in the long run to be at the best program (furthest from home) with the most exposure where he'd have to earn his time versus being at a "lesser" program where he'd be the man right away. The reward of coming here is if he's as good as he thinks he is, he will get the best exposure. The risk is that he'd be just another part in the machine.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I think he could play right away at UConn. He probably would not start (barring Omar's improvement this year and how D-Ham develops) but he would probably get pretty significant minutes here. Especially if he can shoot. If he is a reliable shooter then he will play as long as he establishes himself as a consistent outside shooting threat. And he probably knows that. He definitely knows he's a good player and could get playing time at UConn. I'm not counting him out just yet.

Reaction Score
Don't want to read too much into his comments but it sounds like a kid who wants to be guaranteed a starting job his freshman year and we simply don't do that. You come to UConn and you are expected to compete for everything and it's a huge reason why we are UConn and not Clemson or Georgia etc.

Reaction Score
Not looking good based on being sold the immediate playing time bunk.

Going to an inferior program because they have 1 guy in the league and who knows how he will end up doing long-term vs. a program that puts player after player into theleague and wins TITLES.

Kid needs to think long and hard about whats best LONG-TERM. If you're good, you will get noticed whether you play a ton early or year # 2.

By the way, if Mack goes to UCONN , he would get a lot of playing time early. May not start right away, but will play a TON nonetheless.

Think brother man, THINK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro