Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | Page 29 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's taking the stairs and not the excalater! Man I had tt in my head and my fingers went elsewhere! :confused:

What concerns me is Shaka telling him that at VCU they climb ladders to get to practice, and avoid the sissy stairs.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Kid is torn between the best program and going to school near his family. That's a tough call for most people never mind an 18 year old.
His mom gave her blessing.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It'd be nice to have this kid and all, but what I'd be more excited about is the meltdown they'd have on their board if he decides to be a Husky.

I don't have anything against VCU or its fans, I think it's actually really incredible what they've been able to do the last few years. But my god, their hopes are sky high right now.
Flashback one year. I imagine their reaction would be similar to what took place here last year when Kasongo went to Oregon. Boneyarders were running to the escalators to get off the KO train. Nothing like getting a NC and two top 60 recruits to help us get amnesia.

caw

Reaction Score
That is the beauty of following recruiting. Thing change or we get bad info. It is like a bad soap

Yep. I've mentioned before one of Larriers coaches straight up lied to me about where Larrier was going. Good friend too. My rule of thumb now is if the kid hasn't told you anything it's all hogwash. I have heard some interesting things on Mack's recruitment spanning from he more or less asked UConn to recruit him to he has zero real interest in UConn.
I'm sure the VCU insiders have good sources either near the program or around the kid, just like you and Zionn and others do but obviously one or multiple sources are A) lying or B) are guessing based on what they do know or C) telling different fanbases different things.

Though it would be kind of entertaining to watch VCU fans freak if he went elsewhere, I hope he goes there over the other three (obviously prefer him at UConn). Though I think Shaka is not as tactical as Ollie (he has a system that isn't really NBA friendly, it's not a pro-style offense and a bit of gimmick on defense) he gets a lot out of his kids and is a better coach than at the other three schools.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
His mom gave her blessing.
Which makes the choice harder. If someone has a close family, they make sacrifices for one another. TMack knows that his mom prefers he stays close to him. He knows she's making a sacrifice by staying out of his decision making process. So the decision boils down to whether he will make a sacrifice for her and chose his second choice and to stay close to her.

Reaction Score
What concerns me is Shaka telling him that at VCU they climb ladders to get to practice, and avoid the sissy stairs.

napier-625.jpg

We got ladders covered.

Reaction Score
Rodney P's mom did the same, he still chose NC State and Gottfried over UConn & JC.

Good thing about that is that I think RP was Tevin's host on his OV right? I'm sure he told him all about what decision he should have made first.

Reaction Score
Good thing about that is that I think RP was Tevin's host on his OV right? I'm sure he told him all about what decision he should have made first.

If this was intentional, it was very shrewd.

Reaction Score
If this was intentional, it was very shrewd.

gotta imagine it was. As Ollie looks to see who to host him and runs through peoples backgrounds why not pair him with a guy who wanted to come to UCONN his Freshman year but got cold feet only to stay down south in relatively the same neck of the woods only to realize he should have come to UCONN and then would have been contributing on the court to a NC team.

* Phil Nolan should also be hosting Stone

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
You can't knock a kid for choosing to be close to his family. That loyalty is impressive in today's day and age.
Meh...they've seen him enuff.

Now, what does Jeff Borzello's crystal ball say?

Reaction Score
A run (2 picks) on the crystal ball for Georgia. Looking like distance is key and the family will get their wish and keep Mack local.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
So, Last 2 / last 4 = 100 percent chance of Georgia?

Reaction Score
I can see wanting to play closer to home but choosing Georgia or South Carolina just seems like something the kid will regret. They are technically high major programs but nobody cares about hoops at those schools. Besides missing out on the whole experience of playing at a place where basketball is king, he would also be limiting his chances at making it to the NBA. It's possible making it to the NBA from those places but definitely less probable. I'm sure Rodney Purvis was in his ear about the mistake he made when he chose the home team.

Reaction Score
QUOTE="kansashusky, post: 1098649, member: 1183"]A run (2 picks) on the crystal ball for Georgia. Looking like distance is key and the family will get their wish and keep Mack local.[/QUOTE]

CB is voodoo science at best.. most of those guys have no connection to individual kids. The rule of thumb is if they are a a team reporter or mod put an ounce of credibility into it or ur name is jerry

Reaction Score
QUOTE="kansashusky, post: 1098649, member: 1183"]A run (2 picks) on the crystal ball for Georgia. Looking like distance is key and the family will get their wish and keep Mack local.

CB is voodoo science at best.. most of those guys have no connection to individual kids. The rule of thumb is if they are a a team reporter or mod put an ounce of credibility into it or ur name is jerry[/QUOTE]

So when a birdie said he was going to commit to UCONN in the next 24 hours, you only put an ounce of credibility to that?

Reaction Score
CB is v very likely

odoo science at best.. most of those guys have no connection to individual kids. The rule of thumb is if they are a a team reporter or mod put an ounce of credibility into it or ur name is jerry

So when a birdie said he was going to commit to UCONN in the next 24 hours, you only put an ounce of credibility to that?[/QUOTE]

Yup... take what we all say with a grain of salt.

Side not .. I did not say he was going to commit. I said very likely. There is a difference. Recruiting is fluid and change s .

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
A run (2 picks) on the crystal ball for Georgia. Looking like distance is key and the family will get their wish and keep Mack local.

Thus spake the crystal ball, thus it is written in stone...

I trust nobody until the announcement is made.

Reaction Score
How many times can I possibly hit refresh!
anyone else getting calluses on their thumbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom