Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That wink one is better. Or the :D. The one you used is the "roll your eyes because the quoted poster is an idiot" emoticon. imo though ymmv

I never thought of that smiley as mean-spirited, but I can see what you're saying. Thanks for the hint. :)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
VCU fans no longer need to worry about Tevin Mack.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
What happened? WHY ARE YOU TOYING WITH ME?!

lol....sorry.

Too soon to pick a winner with the home team getting a visit this weekend, but it won't be VCU - they're not getting him.

Reaction Score
Did I miss something, or have people just been overrating their chances this whole time?

Reaction Score
The VCU fans love marveling at their single, 18 month old, 470,000 view recruiting thread. That makes them a contender. ;)

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Mack's Mom: "I told him whatever he decides, where he feels comfortable, if it's right up the street or up north, it's alright by me as long as he gets his education." That sounds a lot like KO to me.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Definitely don't like hearing that his mom has a favorite. It's pretty hard to overcome the mom a lot of times, and I'd say it's pretty low odds that we're her favorite.

She went out of her way to say that she was keeping her opinion to herself, basically deferring to her son's choice. I was glad to see this even though we all know that there are many ways for a parent to communicate a preference without spelling it out for the world to see. I am glad that at least one of our "targets" will probably be making a decision soon. The microscopic focus on interpreting every thing that is tweeted or blogged about the remaining recruits has gotten very tiresome. I would perk right up with an announcement that Tevin will be a Husky.

Reaction Score
I've started to look forward to checking out the smile inducing posts on the VCU board's 18 month old recruiting thread. This morning, it seems that one guy decided to take the time to look up all our recruits since 2006 & ask why so many "4 and 5" star guys never made it to the NBA despite our reputation of getting guys into the league.

Sooooo....I ask you....was 5'-10" Wiggins ever going to play in the league?...Did you know that Madeldove and Darius Smith were 4 star guys??? And Nate Miles?? he. he....I guess the big question is why did this guy decide to include 4 star players on this list?? Does he realize that a "4 star" rankings includes players all the way down to #100? Is he trying to ask why we didn't turn these kids ranked #70 or #90 out of high school into 5-10 NBA pros???? JC was good but...

Oh..and here's the best part, he's got DeAndre Daniels on his list. Damn!!!!...give the kid a chance. He hasn't even gotten his 2014 national championship ring yet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We've had kids who weren't even known get to the league with JC and the same will happen with KO. They're not even "smart" enough to do any homework. Wondering how many guys they have in the NBA?

Reaction Score
We've had kids who weren't even known get to the league with JC and the same will happen with KO. They're not even "smart" enough to do any homework. Wondering how many guys they have in the NBA?

VCU fans saying we don't develop NBA players is just about the most ignorant thing I've read and I've seen a lot on these boards!

pj

Reaction Score
About 30 US players make the NBA each year so a top 100 player has about a 30% chance to get a cup of coffee (or more) in the NBA. It would be interesting to compare schools at proficiency at getting top 100s to the NBA. I'd have to believe UConn would be at or near the top.

Reaction Score
About 30 US players make the NBA each year so a top 100 player has about a 30% chance to get a cup of coffee (or more) in the NBA. It would be interesting to compare schools at proficiency at getting top 100s to the NBA. I'd have to believe UConn would be at or near the top.

And you really need to take the obvious out of the equation. I mean the kids who go one year because its a rule don't come into play in this percentage. They are already considered lottery picked before they step on a campus so there is very little coaching impact (yeah you Squid)........

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
About 30 US players make the NBA each year so a top 100 player has about a 30% chance to get a cup of coffee (or more) in the NBA. It would be interesting to compare schools at proficiency atr getting top 100s to the NBA. I'd have to believe UConn would be at or near the top.
Challenge accepted. I'll be back in about an hour or so. Using Rivals by the way, data goes back further than ESPN.

Reaction Score
I've started to look forward to checking out the smile inducing posts on the VCU board's 18 month old recruiting thread. This morning, it seems that one guy decided to take the time to look up all our recruits since 2006 & ask why so many "4 and 5" star guys never made it to the NBA despite our reputation of getting guys into the league.

Sooooo....I ask you....was 5'-10" Wiggins ever going to play in the league?...Did you know that Madeldove and Darius Smith were 4 star guys??? And Nate Miles?? he. he....I guess the big question is why did this guy decide to include 4 star players on this list?? Does he realize that a "4 star" rankings includes players all the way down to #100? Is he trying to ask why we didn't turn these kids ranked #70 or #90 out of high school into 5-10 NBA pros???? JC was good but...

Oh..and here's the best part, he's got DeAndre Daniels on his list. Damn!!!!...give the kid a chance. He hasn't even gotten his 2014 national championship ring yet.
It stinks because their message board really gets a lot a traffic, and they clearly have a bunch of passionate fans. It would be fun to have some actual college bball discussions with them, except you can't since 95% of them seem to live in some weird alternate reality they have created for themselves. These dudes make the Cuse and PC boards look like factcheck.org.

Reaction Score
Add to this the guys from UConn who made a nice living overseas beginning with the likes of Rod Sellers who wasn't even Top 200.......a very nice living I might add and MANY others too!

Reaction Score
Lol, why are u guys still paying attention to them dudes, they are clearly mindless. As long as they keep their brand of crazy over there and don't try to come here looking to engage, I am good.

I'm so whacked (lol) I'm replying to our own guys who have been over there, I've never even seen their board.. Dying for some competition huh?:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom