Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Just a gut feeling but I think were in VERY good shape with Mack.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
That interview bodes extremely well for us. Notice when he was talking about Clemson he said they "tried" to sell him on the conference. Also didn't seem overly enthusiastic on VCU. Also, the fact that he made it clear that distance was a non-factor. I think its a 2 horse race between us and UGA (who he seems to have a really good relationship with).

Reaction Score
Sally's

Right thread?

It is if you're saying Clemson, S Car, UGA, and VCU are a bunch of Sallies. And really, who could argue with that.

So if Walter Ray called this kid it would be a recruiting violation, is that right?

Reaction Score
"Come to Clemson where you will play in the ACC and get beat by every team in there"

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
You mean kinda like when Calhoun was recruiting early on in the big east?

We were still new to the Big East. Clemson has been owned by the ACC forever. Think about how long ago the "Tate shot" was. That is the last time Clemson was relevant in basketball.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Nonsense. They've made a Sweet Sixteen as recently as 1997, when Mack was nearly born!

If we go with the Sweet 16 as relevant, then the last time Clemson was relevant many of us were concerned Calhoun would never get UConn to a Final Four.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I can't decide who I want more Mack or the interviewer. They're both from SC (SEC and ACC territory). In both their minds UConn is a blue blood. Mack is the talent I want. But the interviewer recruited Mack for us over the universities in his state.

Let me make the decision easy. I want both to come to UConn. Let it be a package deal. T. Mack to play the 3 and the interviewer to be that uber recruiter some of the posters in this forum believe we need.

Reaction Score
I can't decide who I want more Mack or the interviewer. They're both from SC (SEC and ACC territory). In both their minds UConn is a blue blood. Mack is the talent I want. But the interviewer recruited Mack for us over the universities in his state.

Let me make the decision easy. I want both to come to UConn. Let it be a package deal. T. Mack to play the 3 and the interviewer to be that uber recruiter some of the posters in this forum believe we need.

The interviewer (we need a name hehe winky wink) could be an indispensable part of the UConn recruiting machine. He has similar DNA of the best reporters in the world. Mr. UConn Mack has the journalist instincts that few seem to possess. His knowledge base is unsurpassed with regards to BLUE & WHITE (National Champs and NBA pedigree).

During this fall foliage season is there a more beautiful campus in the United States of America? It is paradise personified with only National Championship air to breath.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The interviewer (we need a name hehe winky wink) could be an indispensable part of the UConn recruiting machine. He has similar DNA of the best reporters in the world. Mr. UConn Mack has the journalist instincts that few seem to possess. His knowledge base is unsurpassed with regards to BLUE & WHITE (National Champs and NBA pedigree).

He oozed more respect for the program than some UConn fans who are still debating amongst themselves whether UConn is a BLUE BLOOD!! I would love to get a name.

And if he couldn't recruit for UConn maybe one of the Ct state rags should hire him and replace the reporters who are tepid about UConn.

Reaction Score
He oozed more respect for the program than some UConn fans who are still debating amongst themselves whether UConn is a BLUE BLOOD!! I would love to get a name.

And if he couldn't recruit for UConn maybe one of the Ct state rags should hire him and replace the reporters who are tepid about UConn.

We have discussed DIAMONDS on this board ad nauseam. Truth of the matter is Mr. UConn Mack is the true Hope Diamond!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Reaction Score

Aspiring to follow the path of the greatest 3pt shooter of all time requires courage and guts. IF Mack has it he will be a perfect fit and will leave UConn after 3 years with a ring and millions. It isn't that complicated.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You mean kinda like when Calhoun was recruiting early on in the big east?
We were still new to the Big East. Clemson has been owned by the ACC forever. Think about how long ago the "Tate shot" was. That is the last time Clemson was relevant in basketball.

I don't see a Jim Calhoun patrolling their sideline. Remember, JC was not an unknown commodity when he came to UCONN. He was one of the hottest young coaches available, enough so that Bob Knight advised him to wait for the right opportunity (also advised to give UCONN a long look iirc).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34