Temple Game Week Press Conference/Depth Chart & Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 12:07pm via TweetDeck
TE Tommy Myers (ankle) is officially done for the season for #UConn

UConnFootball 12:07pm via TweetDeck
Coach Diaco: "Tommy's (Myers) season is over...It's nothing that lingers into the future."

dcsportsdept 12:08pm via TweetDeck
Diaco announces TE Tommy Myers season is officially over, but expects him to be ready for winter conditioning

UConnFootball 12:09pm via TweetDeck
Coach Diaco says Shirreffs is day-to-day after head injury.

NHRJimFuller 12:09pm via TweetDeck
#UCoinn's Bob Diaco said he expects Bryant Shirreffs' partiicipation in today's practice will be minimal

Reaction Score
peatonrobb 12:11pm via TweetDeck
Diaco says #UConn is right on time, expected to be bowl eligible in year 2.

GavinKeefe12:12pm via Twitter Web Client
Diaco: "We were hoping to be bowl eligible in year two ... and we are."

desmondconner 12:12pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: "we're having relevant conversations in Novemeber...we're excited about the growth that's going to be made, nowhere near pinnacle"

desmondconner 12:13pm via TweetDeck
Diaco said qualifying for a bowl in Year 2 was a goal. Could have reached it games ago but it was reached in Year 2 #UConnFootball

UConnFootball 12:14pm via TweetDeck
Coach Diaco: Describes the team having a "win the day, today" mentality.

peatonrobb 12:14pm via TweetDeck
Diaco says #UConn a hungry group and not satisfied with where they are.

desmondconner 12:15pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: Seniors have been a big help to younger players, including key sophoores who are making big plays for the #Huskies this year

Reaction Score
desmondconner 12:16pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on his own growth: Doing a better job delegating work load, strong director staff, allowing more personality to show...

dcsportsdept 12:16pm via TweetDeck
"I'm doing a better job of delegating workload to trusted employees. I have a strong staff." Diaco said of his biggest improvement in year 2

peatonrobb 12:17pm via TweetDeck
Diaco says he's improved over the last year, become more authentic, less of a micro-manager. #UConn

UConnFootball 12:18pm via TweetDeck
Coach Diaco comparing this year to last: "There's a higher level of mutual trust and respect."

Reaction Score
desmondconner 12:21pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on turning point of season: a winter conditioning moment... there were moments I felt like we were turning as a porgram as a team"

Sorry for the mid-call break (duty called)

NHRJimFuller12:25pm via TweetDeck
#UConn willl mix and match personnel to fill in for the absence of tight end Tommy Myers

desmondconner12:28pm via TweetDeck
Diaco gives props to #UConn fans, said they've been loud on the road..they sure have #UConnFootball .

NHRJimFuller12:31pm via TweetDeck
Walk-on receiver Bryan Coney of Naugatuck will have an on-field role for #UConn next season according to Bob Diaco

Last edited:
Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller12:31pm via TweetDeck
Walk-on receiver Bryan Coney of Naugatuck will have an on-field role for #UConn next season according to Bob Diaco
Glad to hear Coney is making an impression on the staff. He was a great player at Naugatuck, catches the ball very well. I wonder if he will have a role in the return game next season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
There is nothing quite as satisfying is winning a football game that squashes an opponents aspirations, on our own way to reaching your own goals.

I hope that when we get back on our buses after the game, that we've added the tears of Temple, to Rutgers, and Houston.

I want them hurting like Rutgers and Houston with a bad taste of UCONN in their mouths.

I mean this great love and care.

There is only one team taking the field on Saturday night that has played in a New Years Day game, and I want it to stay that way.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
So Coach Diaco's goal of bowl eligibility was much more aggressive than most of his teams' fans...Interesting.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
So Coach Diaco's goal of bowl eligibility was much more aggressive than most of his teams' fans...Interesting.
I would assume from your comment this is the first time you heard of this Goal for year two?

Husky25

Reaction Score
I would assume from your comment this is the first time you heard of this Goal for year two?
It's not that. I'd expect a coach to set aggressive goals for his team. However it has been demonstrated by near consensus since the Spring Game that the criteria for a successful season was about 5-7. 5-7 is not bowl eligible.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
It's not that. I'd expect a coach to set aggressive goals for his team. However it has been demonstrated by near consensus since the Spring Game that the criteria for a successful season was about 5-7. 5-7 is not bowl eligible.

So you do remember Coach Diaco stating bowl eligibility was a goal for year two?

Bonehead

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="huskymedic, post: 1484980, member: 549"

NHRJimFuller11:51am via TweetDeck
No other changes on #UConn's two-deep chart other than at TE[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I am wrong (don't all line up!) but wasnt the depth chart at Tulane Myers, Bloom and Lee? I must have missed the Bloom Demotion? Did that occur after the Tulane game? (it took me a few days to recover)

Husky25

Reaction Score
So you do remember Coach Diaco stating bowl eligibility was a goal for year two?

That's irrelevant. Few fans believed he could do it. I suppose "goal" was the wrong word. "Expectation" works better.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
That's irrelevant. Few fans believed he could do it. I suppose "goal" was the wrong word. "Expectation" works better.

Goal was the wrong word for you or BD??

;-)

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller11:51am via TweetDeck
No other changes on #UConn's two-deep chart other than at TE

Correct me if I am wrong (don't all line up!) but wasnt the depth chart at Tulane Myers, Bloom and Lee? I must have missed the Bloom Demotion? Did that occur after the Tulane game? (it took me a few days to recover)

No Bloom "demotion" -- Depth Chart has listed two TE on the depth chart since Nova game. It's been Myers/Bloom w/ Lee and Holman as the two's . Now it's Bloom and Lee w/ Holman as the two under both spots.
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...depth_chart_event/depth_chart_20151124aaa.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger