Temple Game Time 10.13 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Tomorrow you'll know. 3:30 makes sense.

Reaction Score
So with LV versus Pitt at 11 on the U and Syracuse versus RU the BEGW, we can play at either 3:30 or night and presumably have SNY pick up the game live.

I am sticking with my 3:30 prediction, and would guess we'll know by the end of the day.

U

UConn9604

From Silver, a moment ago. ESPN3 + no TV = bush league.

UConn-Temple game is an ESPN3 exclusive game on Oct. 13. No TV or SNY. Time is being worked out.

Reaction Score
No TV for a league game is just unacceptable. I know the school can do very little about this, but it just sucks beyond belief.

Reaction Score
We have not had a conference game on internet only in years. It would suck.

Having said that, ESPN paid for the rights to have a limited number of games to show on 3 exclusively. As they have with other conferences. Nothing to be done but wait for the next contract.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Having said that, ESPN paid for the rights to have a limited number of games to show on 3 exclusively. As they have with other conferences. Nothing to be done but wait for the next contract.

Get used to it if we sign up with ESPN again.

Reaction Score

I am fine with leaving ESPN (or staying with ESPN) but in a world where we're afraid of being left behind in a television rights arms race, it just seems nuts to be complaining about what we will have to do to maximize television revenue. Yes, you can sacrifice a little for better exposure, but none of us have a clue if it wasn't critical to ESPN to need some exclusive product for ESPN3 to build up its long term numbers. And no one knows if NBC won't want similar rights to develop an internet only product.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Have we played a home game at 1pm before? That's probably the best time. Gives us another hour of sleep pre-tailgate. Hopefully some of these ESPN3 whiners will actually come to a game.

Reaction Score
Have we played a home game at 1pm before? That's probably the best time. Gives us another hour of sleep pre-tailgate. Hopefully some of these ESPN3 whiners will actually come to a game.

I am fairly certain this is the first.

It's only an option because ESPN3 wanted an exclusive. If you're going to be on TV, the slots are noon, 3:30 or night.

Reaction Score

I agree. ESPN would gladly use UConn, and the rest of the big east conference, and the multiple millions of potential reach, to fill up and push their ESPN3 platform. I'd rather see big east football advertised right next to Notre Dame v. whoever, the way it was last night on TV on channel 4.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I just updated my calendar. Don't really care about TV rights for a home game. Pretty sure this won't affect tailgating time. They will still say that the gates open 4 hours prior to game time, while actually letting folks in 4.5 hours before kick off. Just means I cn sleep in for another hour.

Reaction Score
I just updated my calendar. Don't really care about TV rights for a home game. Pretty sure this won't affect tailgating time. They will still say that the gates open 4 hours prior to game time, while actually letting folks in 4.5 hours before kick off. Just means I cn sleep in for another hour.

Well, if I'm gonna be selfish than yeah, who cares cause I'll be there. But I want UConn football in as many TV households in the northeast as possible. Plus, I always like to DVR the game and rewatch it afterwards to pick things up I might've missed in person.

U

UConn9604

Well, if I'm gonna be selfish than yeah, who cares cause I'll be there. But I want UConn football in as many TV households in the northeast as possible. Plus, I always like to DVR the game and rewatch it afterwards to pick things up I might've missed in person.

I'm pretty sure that the WMU game was replayed on SNY's Power Hour the next day, even though it was only broadcasted on ESPN3. You know, in case you had wanted to see that ____storm.

Technically, UConn football will be available online in every household around the world. (Then again, so is Kim Kardashian...). So, there's that.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I can confirm it was on Power Hour. Because i hate myself, I watched it.

As for the kickoff time - it's a home game, stop the whining, for #$^^!@#$%@#$&^# sake!

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that the WMU game was replayed on SNY's Power Hour the next day, even though it was only broadcasted on ESPN3. You know, in case you had wanted to see that ____storm.

Technically, UConn football will be available online in every household around the world. (Then again, so is Kim Kardashian...). So, there's that.

It was also aired in its entirety on Monday. And because I also hate myself, I DVR'ed and watched it. But I'm more interested in seeing the game televised live in every household from Maine to Delaware.

Reaction Score
We have not had a conference game on internet only in years. It would suck.

Wasn't probably a league game when they designated it??? Cincy versus Fordham (not a conference game I know) is on ESPN3 as well.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
*Conditional bitching and whining commencing*

Like most of you, I'll be at the game so for the short term I really don't care, but it's pretty ridiculous to not have a conference game televised at minimum in your own damn state. Now I'm not saying UConn or The Big East could have done much about this ( I really don't know either way ) but nothing says big time football like homecoming vs. Temple exclusively broadcast over the internet. Watching the Western Michigan game via the internet and then seeing the Buffalo game live we're just about the two worst weeks in UConn history for me personally.

*Conditional bitching and whining over*

Reaction Score
Wasn't probably a league game when they designated it??? Cincy versus Fordham (not a conference game I know) is on ESPN3 as well.

No. They only decide their TV schedule this weekend. They have the right to take a certain number of BE games that they are not showing over the air, and are not BEGW (which has priority over the #), and make them exclusive to the internet. They picked this one. The ACC granted ESPN similar rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom