Temple Game 9/27 - 4PM ESPN News | The Boneyard

Temple Game 9/27 - 4PM ESPN News

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Excited to avoid a 6:30am wake-up call for this one.

Kind of sucks due to the AAC Deal that this game goes to ESPN News ( and not SNY) but I remember a time not long ago where not every game was televised, so better than nothing.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Excited to avoid a 6:30am wake-up call for this one.

Kind of sucks due to the AAC Deal that this game goes to ESPN News ( and not SNY) but I remember a time not long ago where not every game was televised, so better than nothing.
On the other hand, because of the AAC deal, this game does not go to ESPN3 only.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Will it be on ESPN3? I don't get EPSN news.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Will it be on ESPN3? I don't get EPSN news.

I'm almost certain that all ESPN Network games are available on ESPN3. Not positive though.

Reaction Score
What is ESPN News........a cable TV station or computer link. Never heard of it.

I don't think its on Cox cable

Reaction Score
What is ESPN News...a cable TV station or computer link. Never heard of it.

I don't think its on Cox cable

It has been on Cox Cable in Connecticut for years. I would suspect it can be found on all Cox Cable outlets.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I get ESPNews but not SNY, so this is all good for me. I do think everything on ESPN is on ESPN3.

Reaction Score
ESPN News is a national network. Not one in all the houses ESPN and the Duece are, but a national network nonetheless. It means far more exposure than SNY.

That having been said, hopefully as a fanbase the crowd can edge up from the BYU and Boise games. Winning in Tampa would obvously help.

Reaction Score
Going to miss this game for an out of state wedding that weekend UGH.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
@businesslawyer Even given that ESPN News is a "national" network, I wonder if we would have more exposure on SNY.

Before I saw the AAC TV deal, I didn't even know espn news showed games. Part of me thinks that being featured on a big regional sports network in our home market/ biggest market in the country is more valuable than the national platform. I have nothing to back that up and I believe the ESPNU games are certainly more valuable than sny, but with espn news it makes me wonder.

Reaction Score
You have to take into account that recruit in Florida may not get sny but can see you on ESPN news. There was a big team on ESPN news earlier this year though I can't remember who.

Reaction Score
@businesslawyer Even given that ESPN News is a "national" network, I wonder if we would have more exposure on SNY.

Before I saw the AAC TV deal, I didn't even know espn news showed games. Part of me thinks that being featured on a big regional sports network in our home market/ biggest market in the country is more valuable than the national platform. I have nothing to back that up and I believe the ESPNU games are certainly more valuable than sny, but with espn news it makes me wonder.

I'm sure someone here knows how to get numbers of households that watch games. But I'm not such a someone.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I'm sure someone here knows how to get numbers of households that watch games. But I'm not such a someone.
But are they leaving the tv on when they leave the house?!?!

#HuskyUp

Reaction Score
SNY is a basic cable channel in the most densely populated area in the country that people would catch scrolling through the channels. ESPN News is probably in the thousands where people don't really look.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
SNY is a basic cable channel in the most densely populated area in the country that people would catch scrolling through the channels. ESPN News is probably in the thousands where people don't really look.
All HD channels are in the thousands.

Reaction Score
husky8273 said:
Likely to be the 2nd largest crowd at a college football game in CT on 9/27
Even with a Yale Bowl 100th anniversary against historical rival Army, the Bulldogs' attendance levels have dwindled down to about 15K or lower for games played against any opponent other than Harvard. Maybe the special event will attract a one-day exception for the Elis, but ideally UCONN beating USF Friday and continued improved Huskies' play attracts close to a full-house 9/27 at The Rent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom