Tedeschi Trucks Band and friends: Mad Dogs & Englishmen 9/11/15 | The Boneyard

Tedeschi Trucks Band and friends: Mad Dogs & Englishmen 9/11/15

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This is really great:

Looking forward to putting it on the big screen and AVR/surround sound at home.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Derek Trucks is an absolute savage on guitar. I'm a big metal fan so I'm familiar with plenty of guys who are more technically proficient (Petrucci, Malmsteen, Mustaine etc), but Trucks has an "it" factor that is hard to describe or quantify.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Derek Trucks is an absolute savage on guitar. I'm a big metal fan so I'm familiar with plenty of guys who are more technically proficient (Petrucci, Malmsteen, Mustaine etc), but Trucks has an "it" factor that is hard to describe or quantify.
Couldn't agree more. He's my favorite living guitarist, and I think Jerry and Duane are the only ones I would put above him for my tastes.

I describe it as knowing how to use space, especially the space between the major and minor chords, which is something at which I think each of them excels/excelled. From what I understand, it's similar to the modal approach for which Miles and Coltrane are often credited, and it has as much to do with the notes they don't play as with the ones they do.

I suppose "elegance" captures the essence as well as any word I can think of.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
From what I understand, it's similar to the modal approach for which Miles and Coltrane are often credited, and it has as much to do with the notes they don't play as with the ones they do.

I suppose "elegance" captures the essence as well as any word I can think of.
He does more with less notes than any guitarist I've seen. That's about the easiest way for me to sum it up.

9 times out of 10 I'll take a crushing riff from Mark Tremonti over the jam style of Trucks as that's my personal taste, but the respect I have for Trucks is second to none.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom