Teams that go plop in the night, and prepping for the Tourney | The Boneyard

Teams that go plop in the night, and prepping for the Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
UConn has been in a number of games recently where the players on overmatched opponents are falling down a lot. This is not the standard diving on the floor for a loose ball type of thing that is also going on a lot, or when Kia decides to cross-check an opponent into the stands, but just an almost inexplicable plop for no reason. Stewie looks at them, plop. Kiah skies for a rebound, plop. Gabby spins and hooks in a shot, plop.

It's just feels weird and almost embarrassing because its amateurish type plopping that is just being ignored by the refs, and the players sheepishly get up as if saying "Oops I slipped." I'm not sure it's really any good preparation for the Tourney action because teams like Notre Dame do this stuff much more effectively and do sometimes get the calls. USF of course is loaded with international players that should be better at hitting the floor, but they couldn't get the calls, though maybe they're saving their best moves for the AACT and NCAAT.

But among the types of things that could foul UConn up in the Tourney is running into a team that has good floppers, and it's a little frustrating that the AAC teams are still at a low level with mastering the art of the dive. Hopefully next year things will get better.

Reaction Score
I noticed that too. Its not the really well rehearsed flopping that you would expect from lets say the irish, who are truly masters at the floor game.

Reaction Score
Ah yes, the ND Flopping Irish. It worked for a few years. But then the refs decided to take away their presumed entitlement and made them play it straight.

Reaction Score
It does appear a few teams have been studying the tactics of the Flopping Irish and why not???

After all, it did provide ND with a handful of heart-stopping victories against the Huskies over a 2 year span.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
At least in our conference, perhaps it is because the opposing players aren't really that good defensively and they are relatively unsteady on their feet, so they are juked (sp?) into falling down, not so much that they're trying swan dives? Which could help explain why we win these games by almost 50 points per outing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom