TCU got screwed. | The Boneyard

TCU got screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Huge flaw in the first playoff turned out to be the committee - they had it right the week before the last and then they dumped Texas Christian for the sake of expediency.

If the Big 12 has to expand, perhaps they can do so to add a few more gimme wins for their champion - worked for FSU right up until the point where Oregon held 'em up in the light of day.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The two polls were different analyses of different data sets. They did what they said they'd do.

The team that should have been left out was FSU, but it was never gonna happen. Didn't pass the smell test, computer test, legal test or eye test.

Reaction Score
How could the committee keep out of the playoff the undefeated defending national champ with last year's Heisman Trophy winner that was their conference champion? And, replace them with a 1 loss conference co-champ? They couldn't. The right 4 teams made the 4 team playoff. This is why the playoff should be 8 teams.

Reaction Score
Huge flaw in the first playoff turned out to be the committee - they had it right the week before the last and then they dumped Texas Christian for the sake of expediency.

If the Big 12 has to expand, perhaps they can do so to add a few more gimme wins for their champion - worked for FSU right up until the point where Oregon held 'em up in the light of day.

They always had it wrong, because Baylor beat TCU head2head. Yet the committee, if you can call it that with a straight face, always ranked TCU ahead of Baylor. The Big 12 didn't help matters trying to game the "committee" with the co-champions bullcrap. Baylor are the Big 12 champs, not TCU. So anyone doing any crying about TCU getting screwed, is in the wrong.

Reaction Score
How could the committee keep out of the playoff the undefeated defending national champ with last year's Heisman Trophy winner that was their conference champion? And, replace them with a 1 loss conference co-champ? They couldn't. The right 4 teams made the 4 team playoff. This is why the playoff should be 8 teams.

TCU didn't win the Big 12, Baylor did.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
As long as the playoff format is set for 4 teams (which will probably be changed soon), any B12 fan should get nervous as soon as their school loses. 1 loss champs from every P5 will always result in the B12 being left out. That's the price of choosing money (splitting a 12 team pot amongst 10 teams) over a championship game.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They always had it wrong, because Baylor beat TCU head2head. Yet the committee, if you can call it that with a straight face, always ranked TCU ahead of Baylor. The Big 12 didn't help matters trying to game the "committee" with the co-champions bullcrap. Baylor are the Big 12 champs, not TCU. So anyone doing any crying about TCU getting screwed, is in the wrong.

You have to make allowances for where the game was played - it was played at Baylor and the result was a narrow overtime win for Baylor.

That was TCU's only loss - Baylor lost by two touchdowns at West Virginia. (TCU won at WV.)

All in all, and it has been borne out in bowl season, TCU was the better team.

Vegas had it right - TCU was in their top four and FSU was a touchdown underdog to every school in consideration for the playoff.

Reaction Score
The only screwing going on was by their league. Putting $'s ahead of a normal compliment of teams for a championship game put them in that spot not to mention they couldn't beat baylor.

Reaction Score
TCU didn't win the Big 12, Baylor did.

This.

I hate the eye test crap to determine conference champs. Baylor beat TCU on the field, so Baylor gets the auto bid in an eight team playoff. I'd have given TCU an at large bid though.

Reaction Score
The Big 12; One true champion.... sort of. Ohio State has the look of a team that is going to get rolled right now. The Bama defense looks to tough for the third string QB, but beting Wisoncson on a neutral field the way the did... and as type this OSU throws a pick. Getting rolled.

Reaction Score
The Big 12; One true champion.... sort of. Ohio State has the look of a team that is going to get rolled right now. The Bama defense looks to tough for the third string QB, but beting Wisoncson on a neutral field the way the did... and as type this OSU throws a pick. Getting rolled.

Reaction Score
It was looking like OSU was getting rolled, but they have bounced back.

Reaction Score
MSU shocked Baylor. Enough said about the Big12.

Interestingly, MSU looked better against Oregon than most - they lost in the last quarter in Eugene.

As for eye test, what OSU looked more convincing over MSU than Oregon.

As for this OSU-Bama game - let's give the Bucks credit - their 2 tos went for 14 for Bama, the Tide's punter has been brilliant, Bucks blew 2 Red Zone possessions - only got FGs.

This game will be interesting.

Reaction Score
MSU shocked Baylor. Enough said about the Big12.

Interestingly, MSU looked better against Oregon than most - they lost in the last quarter in Eugene.

As for eye test, what OSU did to MSU looked more convincing than the Duck's win.

As for this OSU-Bama game - let's give the Bucks credit - their 2 tos went for 14 for Bama, the Tide's punter has been brilliant, Bucks blew 2 Red Zone possessions - only got FGs.

This game will be interesting.

Reaction Score
Does anyone have any complaints with O vs. O for the national championship? All good points above but I think the committee did what had to be done.
I supposed I'll root for Ohio State because it's good for your conference to succeed, if you know what I mean.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Does anyone have any complaints with O vs. O for the national championship? All good points above but I think the committee did what had to be done.
I supposed I'll root for Ohio State because it's good for your conference to succeed, if you know what I mean.

If you join the Big10, you will learn to hate The Buckeyes with a passion.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
5 does not go into 4 evenly and there is zero chance of an undefeated P5 team to be left out. Given the options, the committee got it right. You had 4 conference champs who dominated their league's best teams and one team while just as good, wasn't. The problem is one of structure not selection. They powers that be will dump this format once a majority of the 5 are affected negatively by it if not sooner. Either P5 will become P4 or the 4 team playoff will become the 8 team playoff.

The upcoming vote on CCG's will speak volumes. If I'm the B1G, SEC and P12, I keep things exactly the way they are. Let the ACC and B12 duke it out. Maybe one collapses.

Though if the check is big enough, they will go to 8 right away. Which according to the UConn corollary to CR, is what will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom