Reaction Score
upload_2015-8-31_19-3-7.png

https://twitter.com/bre_stewart30

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
She is from NY after all.

Sort of - she's from Syracuse.

There are very few Sox fans in New York, but there's a pocket of them around the Albany area - there used to be a minor league affiliate around there somewhere so some old-timers grew up Sox fans. (My father-in-law, for example.) One of the AM stations up there dropped the Mets in favor of the Sox a few years back.

Reaction Score
Upstate NY is mostly Yankee territory. NYC is a national league town, because of the Giants and Dodgers. I always thought that the dividing line between Yankee and Red Sox fans ran through Connecticut, but evidently it is west of Storrs.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Upstate NY is mostly Yankee territory. NYC is a national league town, because of the Giants and Dodgers. I always thought that the dividing line between Yankee and Red Sox fans ran through Connecticut, but evidently it is west of Storrs.:rolleyes:
and north of Hartford

Reaction Score
I grew up in Norwich and it was 70% Boston, 30% NY. Now I live in Southington and the numbers are reversed.

Reaction Score
I thought the NY Times did a story on this once and figured out where in CT it becomes more Yankees vs Sox fans, and I could have sworn it wasn't a straight line or anything, but it was roughly drawn just west of Hartford to New Haven.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
She is young, she will learn better.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
There's another team in NY, the first-place NY Mets, and Geno will be in the SNY booth during the 3rd inning tonight. The Mets are playing the Phillies, so I'm sure the conversation will be interesting. Geno is great in these settings and I'm sure he'll have fun with Gary Cohen, Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling, the best mlb broadcast team in the biz.

SNY does a great job of promoting UConn sports. A couple of weeks ago Gary Cohen mentioned how many MLB players have been coming out of UConn. The next night SNY interviewed UConn baseball coach, Jim Penders, who was at the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom