Tarik Black | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tarik Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I'm guessing that Disco is Diaco (not sure if it was a typo or a snarky comment).

I won't get into the argument as to whether we should have poached him from Temple but Addazzio was already at BC when we hired Diaco. I hope you aren't in the camp that believes we should have given SA first shot at the UConn job last year.

For the record, I recently ran into a local HS coach who told me that with the money that was given to our current staff, we should have first contacted Addazzio and asked if it would be enough for him to leave BC. His reasoning was that if the school was willing to spend that much money, a CT guy should get first crack at it.

We all know what happened the last time UCONN to head coach hiring advice from local HS coaches?

Reaction Score
We all know what happened the last time UCONN to head coach hiring advice from local HS coaches?

Addazio is in a different league than Paul. Today, Addazio is a better coach and could of been a great hire for UConn.

Reaction Score
Addazio is in a different league than Paul. Today, Addazio is a better coach and could of been a great hire for UConn.
Addazio is in a different eagle than Pasqualoni as a head coach? The version of Pasqualoni that was at UCONN was well past his prime...BUT the version that won at Syracuse...Addazio has a LONG way to go to touch that version! He doesn't walk on water...he is an avg coach who like Pasqualoni has bagged UCONN football to his college buddies who now coach hs football in CT and his former peers he coached against and with while a Cheshire HS! Funny how you fail to mention how happy Gator fans were when he left for the Temple job.

Reaction Score
FDNY99 said:
Addazio is in a different eagle than Pasqualoni as a head coach? The version of Pasqualoni that was at UCONN was well past his prime...BUT the version that won at Syracuse...Addazio has a LONG way to go to touch that version! He doesn't walk on water...he is an avg coach who like Pasqualoni has bagged UCONN football to his college buddies who now coach hs football in CT and his former peers he coached against and with while a Cheshire HS! Funny how you fail to mention how happy Gator fans were when he left for the Temple job.

Addazio is a very good coach. He was used as a scapegoat by UF. Wish Coach Edsall made his announcement earlier, because then we would have likely gotten Addazzio.

Reaction Score
Addazio is a very good coach. He was used as a scapegoat by UF. Wish Coach Edsall made his announcement earlier, because then we would have likely gotten Addazzio.
Edsall decided to leave when he did so Addazio is NOT the HC here, so why keep bringing that up? And I'm sure DeLeone was scapegoated by Cuse fans too. He isn't the HC at UCONN...so who gives a about him! Until he avg 10 wins a season for 3-4 years he is just a avg football coach in my book. Al Golden turned Temple around NOT Addazio!

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Just saying - ALOT of the best CT HS Football players have gone to school at BC over the years - remind me how many BCS bowl games they went to??

Reaction Score

Steve Addazio is a great coach and his track record proves it, numbers don't lie bro. Plus, Addazio recruits top CT kids better than UConn ever has. If you dislike Addazio for personal reason to each his own, but don't knock the mans track record when its damn good cause you'll just look stupid.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just saying - ALOT of the best CT HS Football players have gone to school at BC over the years - remind me how many BCS bowl games they went to??

BC is on thrise the way Addazio is recruiting and the way his team is playing I wouldn't be surprised if they soon go to BCS bowl games.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Edsall decided to leave when he did so Addazio is NOT the HC here, so why keep bringing that up? And I'm sure DeLeone was scapegoated by Cuse fans too. He isn't the HC at UCONN...so who gives a about him! Until he avg 10 wins a season for 3-4 years he is just a avg football coach in my book. Al Golden turned Temple around NOT Addazio!
True, and that played a large role in Temple landing Addazio instead of us. Temple had an earlier opening than we did because Golden beat out Edsall for the Miami job.

Reaction Score
derail2.jpg

Reaction Score
BC is on thrise the way Addazio is recruiting and the way his team is playing I wouldn't be surprised if they soon go to BCS bowl games.
Go to what? What's the BCS?

Reaction Score
Steve Addazio is a great coach and his track record proves it, numbers don't lie bro. Plus, Addazio recruits top CT kids better than UConn ever has. If you dislike Addazio for personal reason to each his own, but don't knock the mans track record when its damn good cause you'll just look stupid.
GREAT coach...Nick Saban is a GREAT coach...Urban Meyer is a GREAT coach...Jim Harbaugh is a VERY good coach...Pete Carroll was a GREAT college coach....you either played for Addazio at Cheshire, are related to him , or know him personally. He hasn't won anything to be considered a "Great" coach. And like BNich said...BCS? That is long gone...looks like you are the one making yourself stupid!
If you are such an Addazio fan..go hang out on the BC football boards. He isn't the coach here!

Reaction Score
GREAT coach...Nick Saban is a GREAT coach...Urban Meyer is a GREAT coach...Jim Harbaugh is a VERY good coach...Pete Carroll was a GREAT college coach....you either played for Addazio at Cheshire, are related to him , or know him personally. He hasn't won anything to be considered a "Great" coach. And like BNich said...BCS? That is long gone...looks like you are the one making yourself stupid!
If you are such an Addazio fan..go hang out on the BC football boards. He isn't the coach here!

Who was one of the coaches when the Florida Gators was dominate winning championships? yeah you guessed it, Steve Addazio buddy. So it doesn't take a genius, family member, friend, or a former player to see that Addazio is a good coach and I don't understand why you would talk down on a CT coach who has success in D1 college football. Your just a !

Reaction Score
Who was one of the coaches when the Florida Gators was dominate winning championships? yeah you guessed it, Steve Addazio buddy. So it doesn't take a genius, family member, friend, or a former player to see that Addazio is a good coach and I don't understand why you would talk down on a CT coach who has success in D1 college football. Your just a !

He had one year as OC there. One. Otherwise he was a position coach. As a HC he is 4 games over .500. Four. If that makes a GREAT coach..... there are a sheetload of them walking around.

Reaction Score
From another site that rhymes with pout:

>> Black has so many things colleges want in a prospect, and it starts with being 6-foot-3, long and athletic. He goes after the ball well and knows how to use his frame to shield defenders.

It was only a matter of time before recruiters made it to the private Connecticut school, and the offers are now flowing in. In the last eight days, Black landed offers from Alabama, Michigan, Wisconsin and West Virginia. He also holds offers from Boston College, Connecticut, Duke, Rutgers, Syracuse, Temple, Vanderbilt and Virginia.>>

Reaction Score
Participated in @FBUcampTop Gun camp in Ohio this week. Here's a write-up from the "all day/all week" staff:

1) Tarik Black — The Top 100 player from the class of 2017 showed out in a big way. Black, a 6-3, 185-pounder from Cheshire (Conn.) The Cheshire Academy, was dominant at the wide receiver position. He was smooth in his routes, showed impressive speed and caught everything thrown his way. He took on some extremely talented defensive backs and it was clear that he can play with anyone. It was obvious why schools like Alabama and Michigan have already extended scholarship offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom