Tampa Team Hotel Information | The Boneyard

Tampa Team Hotel Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The following four hotels have been selected to host each regional winner:

1. Westin Tampa Bay - Eight miles from Amale Arena - 7627 W. Courtney Campbell Causeway, Tampa, FL
2. Grand Hyatt - 8.2 miles from Amale Arena - 2900 Bayport Drive Cswy, Tampa, FL
3. Renaissance Tampa - 5.5 miles from Amale Arena - 4200 Jim Walter Blvd, Tampa, FL
4. Weston Harbour Island - 0.3 mile from Amale Arena - 725 South Harbour Island Blvd, Tampa, FL

Does anyone know which hotel will be assigned to each regional winner?

I hope UConn is at the Weston.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The following four hotels have been selected to host each regional winner:

1. Westin Tampa Bay - Eight miles from Amale Arena - 7627 W. Courtney Campbell Causeway, Tampa, FL
2. Grand Hyatt - 8.2 miles from Amale Arena - 2900 Bayport Drive Cswy, Tampa, FL
3. Renaissance Tampa - 5.5 miles from Amale Arena - 4200 Jim Walter Blvd, Tampa, FL
4. Weston Harbour Island - 0.3 mile from Amale Arena - 725 South Harbour Island Blvd, Tampa, FL

Does anyone know which hotel will be assigned to each regional winner?

I hope UConn is at the Weston.

Don't know for sure, but there is a pecking order in assigning hotels, based on seeding. Since UCONN is the No. 1 overall seed, my guess is they will be at the Harbour Island.

A guy I once worked with played BB at Texas Southern. They made the NCAAs in the mid 1990's when he was on the team. They also were playing in Tampa. As a 16 seed, they played Duke in the first round. Duke was staying at a big, fancy downtown hotel. TX Southern was at a Rodeway Inn.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The team usually stays in very nice hotels. The last times they were in NOLA for the Final Four, they stayed at the Intercontinental and the J.W. Marriott. Last year's Hilton in Nashville seemed rather pedestrian.

My guess is that all 4 of these are nice. I've looked at the Grand Hyatt, which appears to be very nice.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Don't know for sure, but there is a pecking order in assigning hotels, based on seeding. Since UCONN is the No. 1 overall seed, my guess is they will be at the Harbour Island.

A guy I once worked with played BB at Texas Southern. They made the NCAAs in the mid 1990's when he was on the team. They also were playing in Tampa. As a 16 seed, they played Duke in the first round. Duke was staying at a big, fancy downtown hotel. TX Southern was at a Rodeway Inn.

That makes me dislike the NCAA even more than I do already.

Reaction Score

For whatever itds worth, the last time the Final Four was in Tampa, UCONN stayed at the Hyatt. I don't remember where they were ceded. Stanford was at the Westin.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
stalker.png

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Ive always wondered about that..... not as much for the Final 4... but for the Regionals and ACC tourney.

I just saw a tweet from FSU..... and they are the #2 seed here... but they are staying at the top hotel (in my opinion) in town. I know their players/coaches are hoping to make it to the finals :D

Thats funny and sad at the same time.

ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69