Tampa Final Four Tickets | The Boneyard

Tampa Final Four Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has anyone received their tickets yet? My notes tell me that they should have started to ship them in August.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
From your experience, is it relatively easy to find tickets on Stub Hub or a similar site after the Final Four participants are set?

sTu

Reaction Score
Tickets are available with the caveat of what you are willing to pay depending on the type of seats you are looking for. Tickets are available outside the venue from scalpers also. Depending on negotiations, you only need to purchase for the semi-final. Pricing is MUCH lower after two teams are eliminated. Especially, if you deal directly with the disappointed fans. And many seats are not filled for the Final which means you can move if you see better seats.

If your resources are limited, look for a nosebleed seat at face value and try to move closer near the end of the first half of the game. You can use the same strategy for the Final or go to the exit ramp of one of the losing teams and ask if anyone is selling their tickets. You will not be alone. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I got tickets a while ago but the problem I am finding is there are NO rooms. So far the closest I can find is 8 miles away.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Tickets are available with the caveat of what you are willing to pay depending on the type of seats you are looking for. Tickets are available outside the venue from scalpers also. Depending on negotiations, you only need to purchase for the semi-final. Pricing is MUCH lower after two teams are eliminated. Especially, if you deal directly with the disappointed fans. And many seats are not filled for the Final which means you can move if you see better seats.

If your resources are limited, look for a nosebleed seat at face value and try to move closer near the end of the first half of the game. You can use the same strategy for the Final or go to the exit ramp of one of the losing teams and ask if anyone is selling their tickets. You will not be alone. :)

Thank you; I'll probably be traveling alone so it's always a lot easier (and less expensive) to find one ticket. Hopefully, my Gamecocks will be lucky enough to get the Greensboro Regional site so I don't have a long trip 2 consecutive weekends. Work always seems to get in the way. :)

sTu

Reaction Score
If the Gamecocks make the Final Four, look for a season ticket holder. You should be able to locate one who will pick up an extra ticket for you. Usually, they try to sell packages (travel, hotel, and seat )first and when that market is exhausted they sell individual tickets. The advantage to that approach is you will be sitting on the floor courtside near one of the corners. Also, if you get into the arena but in the upper tier and South Carolina does not sell out all their tickets you should be able to get into their section on the floor. However, I think being relatively as close to Tampa as you are there is a good chance those tickets may all sell.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
If the Gamecocks make the Final Four, look for a season ticket holder. You should be able to locate one who will pick up an extra ticket for you. Usually, they try to sell packages (travel, hotel, and seat )first and when that market is exhausted they sell individual tickets. The advantage to that approach is you will be sitting on the floor courtside near one of the corners. Also, if you get into the arena but in the upper tier and South Carolina does not sell out all their tickets you should be able to get into their section on the floor. However, I think being relatively as close to Tampa as you are there is a good chance those tickets may all sell.

I've been a season ticket holder and Gamecock Club member for many years. Silly me for not thinking of that route. Sometimes the obvious is not obvious, lol.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
FWIW - I'm in Tampa on my own and already have a reservation... so, if you are desperate, we can share. ;-)

Reaction Score
I got tickets a while ago but the problem I am finding is there are NO rooms. So far the closest I can find is 8 miles away.
Tampa Bay is a big metro area. The Tampa area is all carved up into different counties, islands, this-or-that side of this-or-that bridge, etc. 8 Miles is not bad. I guess you can't WALK to the arena, but there's a lot lot to enjoy in Tampa and you can do that from a lot of 'home base' locations.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Kick - you and the family still planning to join me? SCUBA... I'm tempting you with SCUBA... :)

Reaction Score
Kick - you and the family still planning to join me? SCUBA... I'm tempting you with SCUBA... :)
Some how/some way. Actually I'm working on a project right now which is centered in Tampa. Less than 50/50 at this point, but if it works out I could end up with a condo there by April (don't think Mrs. Kicker will give up the Phoenix residence). Was in Tampa last weekend. The guy I would be working with is a diver, and has a boat (little 32 ft fishing/diving boat with 2 300 HP Yamahas, $68,000 of navigation electronics and a $17,000 sound system). He agrees with me the diving in FL pretty much sucks, EXCEPT the marine park off Key West, which he gets to by boat (4 hrs). Have you been to Key West? Kick-*ss party town!

Anyway, I haven't forgotten about you. Regardless if this gig works out, I have been going to Tampa on biz for 6-7 years - can find us something to do no problemo :cool:

Reaction Score
FWIW - I'm in Tampa on my own and already have a reservation... so, if you are desperate, we can share. ;-)
Thanks Justin but have wife with me. We only live about 2 hours from there and son lives in ST Pet so we still have a lot of options to look at. THANKS AGAIN

Reaction Score
Ah I spoke to soon. Found a hotel only 3.5 miles away. Also Web page says, " Shuttle Service Available in 7 mile radius" going to call and find out details

Anyone know what time the games are?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I'm guessing that, because they're east coast this year, they'll be 7pm/930?

And Kicker - yes on Key West, but pre-diving. I was in the Dry Tortugas for birding... Figure the Tampa diving is a two tank day just to keep my toe in. Next is to build up my technical skills so I can dive the wrecks of the Carolinas...

Did manage to catch a couple of good shots while in St. Thomas and this cool video of a ray:
https://vimeo.com/user31869206/videos

Reaction Score
I'm guessing that, because they're east coast this year, they'll be 7pm/930?

And Kicker - yes on Key West, but pre-diving. I was in the Dry Tortugas for birding... Figure the Tampa diving is a two tank day just to keep my toe in. Next is to build up my technical skills so I can dive the wrecks of the Carolinas...

Did manage to catch a couple of good shots while in St. Thomas and this cool video of a ray:
https://vimeo.com/user31869206/videos
Very cool ray video - do you use a GoPro? Did you dive Cow & Calf on St. Thomas?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Actually, just a SeaLife point and shoot.... No Cow and Calf.. but some really amazing sites. Barefoot Divers was my crew and they rocked....

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Very cool ray video - do you use a GoPro? Did you dive Cow & Calf on St. Thomas?

For Carribbean diving, I can strongly recommend the Sea Dragon, out of Georgetown in the summer and Nassau the rest of the year. I sailed with Captains Dan and Sue 3 time in their original Sea Lady and twice aboard their current vessel. At the time they were solely based in Nassau and ran cruises up & down the Exumas. Dan always put us in at the optimal spot in each site after a really good safety briefing. We did lots of dives on different varieties of coral heads & wildlife populations on the plateau, canyon dives and drift dives between the islands and wall dives down to 200' on the outside of the islands (where the blue goes black down to hundreds of fathoms).

Toss in the great (I mean really great, not great because you're hungry) food, Dan's willingness to modify the itinerary to match your group's goals and abilities, 300' visibility, the unbelievable variety of wildlife on the plateau and the ability to get into the water up to 4 times a day and I've never had an underwater experience to match it.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I did Blackbeard's out of Nassau. 21 folks, 60+ ketch and 995$ for a week? Can't beat it!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My tickets havent arrived either :rolleyes:

Thank you; I'll probably be traveling alone so it's always a lot easier (and less expensive) to find one ticket. Hopefully, my Gamecocks will be lucky enough to get the Greensboro Regional site so I don't have a long trip 2 consecutive weekends. Work always seems to get in the way. :)

I hope you guys get the Greensboro Regional as well. And I hope yall bring a ton of fans to fill up our hotels and eat in our restaurants. I think it will come down to TN or you guys..... not sure if TN wants to come back to Greensboro after what happened in 1999 :D Another strong candidate could be ND though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom