Tampa Bay Rays Announce New Ballpark | The Boneyard

Tampa Bay Rays Announce New Ballpark

Reaction Score
The Rays announced approval of a new ballpark that will have capacity of 30K with artificial turf and a fixed dome. Not my idea of a ballpark. The park will be in the Gas Plant District of St. Petersburg.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Rays announced approval of a new ballpark that will have capacity of 30K with artificial turf and a fixed dome. Not my idea of a ballpark. The park will be in the Gas Plant District of St. Petersburg.

Good Lord. They finally move out of that catastrophe and it’s to a dome? It probably won’t be as bad. I guess people in Florida like air conditioning.

Reaction Score
Yes, the current park sucks out loud....the worst in sports that I've been to. It seems like you're in someone's basement. But that's not the main reason why no one goes. From having lived there, I can tell you that, no one goes because all the people live in Tampa, and no one wants to drive over the HowWeird Franklin Bridge to St. Pete. I don't see this changing that...even though I would say, without even seeing plans, that the new one will be a hundred times better than the old one...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, the current park sucks out loud....the worst in sports that I've been to. It seems like you're in someone's basement. But that's not the main reason why no one goes. From having lived there, I can tell you that, no one goes because all the people live in Tampa, and no one wants to drive over the HowWeird Frankland Bridge to St. Pete. I don't see this changing that...even though I would say, without even seeing plans, that the new one will be a hundred times better than the old one...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom