Tailgating at the Izod Center? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tailgating at the Izod Center?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm curious what the rationale is on that law. So they won't serve you overpriced liquor and beer that might keep consumption down because of the cost and guys less raucous but they'll let you bring your own much cheaper booze in and let more people get blitzed more easily and cause a more raucous crowd. Not getting that one at all.
As an attorney... I have no clue on the rationale, and I've "seen" it go down like you predicted. I'd assume it's some old law that called alcohol and nudity a house of I'll repute.

Reaction Score
I'm curious what the rationale is on that law. So they won't serve you overpriced liquor and beer that might keep consumption down because of the cost and guys less raucous but they'll let you bring your own much cheaper booze in and let more people get blitzed more easily and cause a more raucous crowd. Not getting that one at all.

Wasn't the law similar in CT at one time? I remember several places that were cut in have where the liquor side only allowed topless dancers while the non-liquor allowed the full monty? Plus, age 21 had something to do with it, too, as my UConn dorm had a tradition to taking the freshmen guys to their first show and we always went to the Purple Grape (?) in Webster MA instead of Electric Blue just up 195.

Reaction Score
Taking the train down from CT to NYC and getting picked up to drive over to Izod. Any advice on whether it would be better to get off at Harlem 125 or Grand Central? I will likely be landing in New York around 6:30. Trying to make the quickest trip over to Izod and not super familiar with what the timing or traffic will look like

Also the option to connect with a train out of Penn to Secaucus Junction and get picked up there but seems like the first two options are quicker. Any advice here greatly appreciated.

On a Thursday evening at about 6:30 PM during rush hour, if you can, take the train and meet your crew at the Secacus Junction train station. You do not want to have to drive across the Hudson at that time of day. If you have no choice, go over the GWB as it is usually the less painful of the river crossings at rush hour. The Lincoln is a mess as they devote one of the 4 lanes to outbound bus traffic only from the Port Authority. The Holland is not only packed; but, once you get out, you will have to either drive all the way south on I-78 to Newark Airport and then loop North up I-95 to get to IZOD or drive through downtown Hoboken and Weehaken to pick-up Route 3 at the Lincoln Tunnel exit since the Pulaski Skyway (Route 1) is closed.

Reaction Score
Wasn't the law similar in CT at one time? I remember several places that were cut in have where the liquor side only allowed topless dancers while the non-liquor allowed the full monty? Plus, age 21 had something to do with it, too, as my UConn dorm had a tradition to taking the freshmen guys to their first show and we always went to the Purple Grape (?) in Webster MA instead of Electric Blue just up 195.
I think I remember that but they didn't allow BYOB on the totally nude side. That's the part that makes no sense.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
For those that made it to Redds and shuttled to/from Izod, I'ld be interested to find out how the experience was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom