Tailgating at the Izod Center? | The Boneyard

Tailgating at the Izod Center?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We've never been to the Izod center....

How is parking at the venue (lot or garage)?
Best place to park?
Is tailgating allowed in the lots? If so, can you grill, setup a tent etc..

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
We've never been to the Izod center....

How is parking at the venue (lot or garage)?
Best place to park?
Is tailgating allowed in the lots? If so, can you grill, setup a tent etc..

There is a smaller lot (VIP parking?) and a large multi-level garage. Went there once for a concert and suffered coming out of garage because we didn't get there early enough to park on the lower levels. It took a while sitting in the traffic coming out. Not sure about tailgating, but see the other discussion :
http://the-boneyard.com/threads/duke-game-bus-trip-tailgate-tickets.67768/

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
http://www.meadowlands.com/izodguestservices.aspx

"Tailgating is permitted provided guests tailgate in the same space occupied by their vehicle. Please be courteous to your fellow fans -- open parking spaces should not be used for tailgating. Tailgating is not permitted in Parking Deck 23.

Grills are permitted for tailgating enjoyment, provided guests do so only in the same space occupied by their vehicle. However, their use near buildings or in any area where guests or property may be damaged is strictly prohibited. Please do not discard hot coals near vehicles or in plastic waste receptacles."

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Yeah are there any bars or restaurants nearby? Or a meet up for husky fans?

Reaction Score
Is there not bars like right across the street? East Rutherford just gets tier and tier

Reaction Score
There's NOTHING at the ML except parking lot. Wonder which knucklehead in Storrs arranged this.

There's a strip Club called Stilleto that may be the closest 'bar'. Featured in the Soprano's once or twice. There's a Sheraton and Hilton not far as well. They must have a bar. Otherwise, over the bridge (to the east) to the bars on Rt 3 in Secacus.

Reaction Score
Definitely would be down for a pregame meetup somewhere but there really isn't anything there.

Reaction Score
I bought advance parking, states right on the ticket that tailgating is not permitted.

Reaction Score
There's NOTHING at the ML except parking lot. Wonder which knucklehead in Storrs arranged this.

There's a strip Club called Stilleto that may be the closest 'bar'. Featured in the Soprano's once or twice. There's a Sheraton and Hilton not far as well. They must have a bar. Otherwise, over the bridge (to the east) to the bars on Rt 3 in Secacus.

The Soprano's strip bar is actually Satin Dolls, it's on Rte 17 South in Lodi a few miles further north from the Meadowlands. The have a huge sign outside advertising such that I see every time I head to the Meadowlands or to NYC via the Lincoln Tunnel.

Reaction Score
the club you are thinking about is Shakers--just a 5 min ride

There is a decent steak place called Steve's Sizzling Steaks just north of Shakers too....that is where i will be. they have a small bar...old style place..nothing fancy but good steask

I wouldn't go to the the Hilton..not much going on

If you are coming down 95, there is a Houlihan's and I think a Mexican place in Secaucus ( harmon meadow plaza) that is really close....5 min ride down Rt3 west

I grew up in the area so ask away if you have any ?

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
the club you are thinking about is Shakers--just a 5 min ride

There is a decent steak place called Steve's Sizzling Steaks just north of Shakers too....that is where i will be. they have a small bar...old style place..nothing fancy but good steask

I wouldn't go to the the Hilton..not much going on

If you are coming down 95, there is a Houlihan's and I think a Mexican place in Secaucus ( harmon meadow plaza) that is really close....5 min ride down Rt3 west

I grew up in the area so ask away if you have any ?
Me and my boys were thinking about the Sheraton. What do you think?

Me personally I say we grab some rollers and enjoy the asphalt!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Me and my boys were thinking about the Sheraton. What do you think?

Me personally I say we grab some rollers and enjoy the asphalt!
Yeah my friends and I were thinking of getting a cooler and food and tailgating. Thing is we'll be there around 5-530

Reaction Score
FYI, for those like me who were deranged enough to purchase advance parking passes, Lot (garage) 23 is tucked in between IZOD and the American Dream construction project to the south of IZOD.

http://www.meadowlands.com/uploadedFiles/new complex map august 2010.pdf

Also, NJ transit does not appear to be offering train service for this game. Nothing has been posted on their website at this time.

I have not seen any posting of an 'official' UConn bar near IZOD for the game; but, I may check into Kilroy's or Redd's before the game for a bite to eat and a few beers. If you are in the City and not going to the game, the official UConn game watch is at Van Diemen's on 3rd Ave (East Side) between 27/28.

Reaction Score
Just conferred with my crew and we'll be going to Redd's to pregame and making use of the $15 parking with free shuttle to Izod center deal.

Reaction Score
Will be @ Redd's... Prepaid parking/shuttle yesterday.

Duck Fuke

Reaction Score
Izod sucks if you aren't driving. You can get there pretty easily by bus from the city though. Easier than the train is for football games where you have to transfer in Secaucus. The problem is that any places to go are accessed by car, not feet.

If you're driving, there are a few options on Rt 17 or Rt 120. The place referenced in here, Redd's, is close and sounds like the place to go.

I haven't been to Stilletos in years. It is a bit depressing, but interestingly, NJ doesn't allow alcohol to be sold in a gentlemans club, but you can bring your own. So show yo with a case of Rolling Rock. Satin Dolls (the Bing as mentioned by Conehead) serves alcohol because the fine young ladies are clothed.

Reaction Score
I haven't been to Stilletos in years. It is a bit depressing, but interestingly, NJ doesn't allow alcohol to be sold in a gentlemans club, but you can bring your own. So show yo with a case of Rolling Rock. Satin Dolls (the Bing as mentioned by Conehead) serves alcohol because the fine young ladies are clothed.
I'm curious what the rationale is on that law. So they won't serve you overpriced liquor and beer that might keep consumption down because of the cost and guys less raucous but they'll let you bring your own much cheaper booze in and let more people get blitzed more easily and cause a more raucous crowd. Not getting that one at all.

Reaction Score
Taking the train down from CT to NYC and getting picked up to drive over to Izod. Any advice on whether it would be better to get off at Harlem 125 or Grand Central? I will likely be landing in New York around 6:30. Trying to make the quickest trip over to Izod and not super familiar with what the timing or traffic will look like

Also the option to connect with a train out of Penn to Secaucus Junction and get picked up there but seems like the first two options are quicker. Any advice here greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom