Tailgate Menu for Temple game... | The Boneyard

Tailgate Menu for Temple game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So we're back to playing the Owls: Philly cheese steak sandwiches anyone? (BUT, I refuse to use cheezewhiz, I'd much rather melt some extra sharp cheddar-personal preference). Here's some real nostalgia for grads of my era: In the late 70's, Rapps Deli would have 99 cent pitcher nights on Tuesdays. Featured libation of choice: Schmidts of Philadelphia. Is that swill still around? I'll go exploring on Thursday. Oherwise, I'll substitute something equally as noxious like Gansetts.( I kid, many is the night as a student that I got a cheap drunk on Tuesday evenings. One develops a taste for it after a couple of glasses as it numbs one's tastebuds.;))
I'll leave the rest of the menu to the ladies in my tailgate crew this week. (We're meeting on Wednesday evening for a social gathering, I may have an update) Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
schmidt's is long gone. closed around 85ish i think. Theu put up the Piazza at Schmidt's where the old factory was. Its the "hippest" place to live work play in philly now and has helped the fishtown neighborhood get out of some troubling times.

A good cheesesteak is 90% based on the roll you choose coach...so choose wisely!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
About a dozen years ago I was at some package store (don't exactly remember where) and saw cases of Schmidts stacked in a corner. I went to check it out (as I hadn't heard that name in ~ 20 years at that time) and found out the name was still in use but brewed somewhere in the midwest (I think where Stroh's & a few other below grade beers are brewed) in a massive brewery that leased out space for micro brews (similar to Sam Adams) and also marketed cheap, regional names older consumers would have interest in (such as Stroh's, Schmidts, etc.).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I remmember when Rapp's sold Ortlieb's on Tuesdays. Orts for Sports. In honor of Coach P, the menu will be safe and predictable, Philly cheesesteaks. Cheez Whiz is mandatory. BTW.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
This thread has a calming effect on me. Just dream of cheesesteaks and beer, it'll all be ok...

Reaction Score
I love the tailgate thread. I say every year that my tailgate will go with themes, but it has never worked out. I especially like the beer from the area of the team we are facing.

Reaction Score
Just had another thought. There's the old Cosby monologe album where Coz goes on a rant of his days playing for Temple. Flash ahead to the mid 80's Cosby show. There's an episode where Coz is in the kitchen cooking something for himself & little Rudie. His wife (the stunningly attractive Felicia Rashad) comes in & ask what he's making. He says spaghetti with his favorite barbecue sauce. How about a variation: Elbows, hamburg, barbecue sauce, & cheese. We'll name it Coz's Philly mac & cheese casserole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom