Syracuse Up Next for the Violations | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Syracuse Up Next for the Violations

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
"The NCAA has concluded that Syracuse will receive 1 loss of scholarship - the main reason is because the players who accepted those benefits and did academic dishonesty, are no longer attending Syracuse. It doesn't make sense to punish someone who left the school 5-10 years prior."

Watch. It's gonna happen.

Reaction Score
"The NCAA has concluded that Syracuse will receive 1 loss of scholarship - the main reason is because the players who accepted those benefits and did academic dishonesty, are no longer attending Syracuse. It doesn't make sense to punish someone who left the school 5-10 years prior."

Watch. It's gonna happen.
Now that would be very inconsistent with the way UConn was treated but the NCAA has always lacked logic in their decisions. I never bought in to the UConn paranoia about being singled out but if the NCAA doesn't come down at least as hard on Cuse as they did on us then add me to the paranoid camp.

Reaction Score
Just think though - if this actually happened, we'd literally be able to say the PP era never happened at UConn. I can't imagine anyone would be all that upset.
It is only 2 or 3 wins, no big deal.:)

Reaction Score
Anyone find it curious that there isn't a single opinion piece on the North Carolina report on ESPN.com? Just the AP article from yesterday.

Roy Williams making a trip to Kansas is on the front page, but the 20 year academic scandal where fake grades were issued to 1,500 athletes is somehow not newsy enough to have anyone actually write a single word about it.

Grantland hasn't touched it either, and they're supposed to be the ones who write the long, analytical pieces. Oh well. I've always kinda chuckled at the notion of ESPN bias but this is pretty bad.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Grantland hasn't touched it either, and they're supposed to be the ones who write the long, analytical pieces. Oh well. I've always kinda chuckled at the notion of ESPN bias but this is pretty bad.

I think ESPN sent a clear message to Grantland when they suspended Simmons. If you want any reporting on this, you may have to look to FoxSports.

Reaction Score
Jim and Roy may have a lot more time for golf soon.

Reaction Score
Anyone find it curious that there isn't a single opinion piece on the North Carolina report on ESPN.com? Just the AP article from yesterday.

Roy Williams making a trip to Kansas is on the front page, but the 20 year academic scandal where fake grades were issued to 1,500 athletes is somehow not newsy enough to have anyone actually write a single word about it.
And last night on the ESPNU ticker the breaking news was, 'Steve Nash out with back injury'.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Think about it with UNC and Cuse both serving a justifiable death penalty ESPN's investment in the ACC has dramatically a deminished return. I suspect that they will work to shape public opinion in a way that protects their assets.

Reaction Score
The UNC news has been effectively buried on CNN even though it was big enough yesterday to be their main story.

Reaction Score
UNC and Syracuse are hoping for a few more Ebola cases right about now.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
And the ESPN NCAA homepage takes a shot back at Fox Sports, "Big East at CrossRoads" "in order to stay relevant..."

We really need a third-party sports channel to cover the sports channels.

Reaction Score
Hmmmm its all starting to click as to why Boehiem put Melos poor grades in his book. He knew this was coming and didnt want them to vacate the National Championship by saying they took real classes and didnt do well in them that year. Pretty slick of him, Now it conveniently only goes back as far as "10 years."

Reaction Score
Do you think this will cause any 2015 recruits to bail? And if so who do we have a shot at landing?

Reaction Score

Grantland does very little to none regarding college hoops before the season starts as they only have one full time college bball writer and hes actually an ex-ohio st walk on/part time comedian. All together, Grantland does a poor job of covering all college sports, but I don't think college sports were ever their aim, even if a big story happens like this. expect nothing out of them.

Reaction Score
It's great to think that UNC and Cuse will be punished fittingly for their actions in reference to other schools penalties. However, these are the well protected programs of future revenue and Emmert and the NCAA cannot be any more injudicious as they have already shown in hundreds of head scratching cases.
I expect the NCAA to soon release a statement that says "If UNC and Syracuse are cheating like this we can only imagine what is going on at UConn. We're going to look closer into that cheater Mo'ne Davis and the deception that it was only the girls team. We should also check into that new practice facility. Something seems off there with new chairs and all those brown and gold things. Thank goodness for UNC and Syracuse to take the unappreciated position of whistleblower here."

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
In fairness, he was nominated for a Nobel Prize for punching Otto the Orange. The Nobel Committee didn't really have a category for it, but they were thankful enough that they created one.

That some sort of humanitarian award?

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Far to blatant to brush off this time.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Grantland does very little to none regarding college hoops before the season starts as they only have one full time college bball writer and hes actually an ex-ohio st walk on/part time comedian. All together, Grantland does a poor job of covering all college sports, but I don't think college sports were ever their aim, even if a big story happens like this. expect nothing out of them.

This is a pretty exceptional circumstance though. I'd expect at least ONE writer to address it in detail. Won't be surprised if it doesn't happen.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Might be worth would be worth sending as many emails/tweets as you can to the ESPN ombudsman about their completely lack of coverage regarding UNC/Syracuse. Contact Form: Robert Lipsyte Twitter: @ESPN_Lipsyte

I know it's not much, but it's something. More than just b!tching on a UCONN fan form at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom