Syracuse HC Hunting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Syracuse HC Hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll take it if "Big" programs come after Diaco. That means he's doing good things here. Every coach in college football has another job they are eyeing or can be enticed to take (Except RE of course. Only one declared dream job per coach).

Saban almost left Bama for Texas and those rumors will resurface again this offseason. Fisher is going to be listed for South Carolina and LSU. Sweeney will leave Clemson in the next 2-3 years.

Reaction Score
Beat me to it. Put on the interview suit Paul...

highashell_PaulPasqualoni.jpg
This just shocks me that a school released a photo of their head football coach like this one. Pure idiots. Imagine how he looks when thinking?

Diaco for President.

Reaction Score
We were watching the Hoston Texans game yesterday when out of the blue the camera panned the sideline and there stood PP. My wife let out a scream -- I thought she had seen a mouse--and said "what is HE doing down there". She immediately felt bad for Ryan Griffin.

Does Ryan Griffin's Dad still hang around the board??

Reaction Score
some schmuck on the csn board is trying to hint at the fact that cuse is going to hire diaco lol

He might have heard it on SiriusXM CollegeSports as Childers floated the idea. I like Chris a lot but tweeted him he was way off base. I'm sure others jumped on that because they're too lazy to do any real research. Syracuse doesn't even qualify as a lateral move IMO.

Reaction Score
I agree, just thinking the allure of the job being that Coach D is a New Jersey guy could be tough to resist.

Yeah, he's a jersey guy, but it's not like he's in Idaho and would look at RU as a chance to get back home. If he builds a program here over the next few years and is successful and Ferentz decides to step aside for some reason and Iowa came calling, I'd think you'd worry.

There's a lot of ifs and buts in that scenario

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Rutgers doesn't have the statewide appeal in NJ that UConn does in CT.

I grew up in North Jersey and there were literally zero Rutgers sports fans that I knew. Zero.

As the program got better and through today you definitely see more block Rs through the state, but nothing compared to UConn gear in CT.

Point being, I grew up in NJ and don't give two sh1ts about Rutgers and nobody I know did either. Diaco, being a NJ guy in a time when Rutgers was horrible, I can't imagine has much of a tie.

I think we're safe here.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Yeah, he's a jersey guy, but it's not like he's in Idaho and would look at RU as a chance to get back home. If he builds a program here over the next few years and is successful and Ferentz decides to step aside for some reason and Iowa came calling, I'd think you'd worry.

There's a lot of ifs and buts in that scenario
NONE of that matters if Diaco can build a legit winner here out of this program, gets the state to expand The Rent, and we get a B1G invite. Coach Diaco could be here a long time. Imagine him coaching against the likes of Iowa, Michigan, and Nebraska every weekend, plus living in the Northeast. Its a major win.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Rutgers doesn't have the statewide appeal in NJ that UConn does in CT.

I grew up in North Jersey and there were literally zero Rutgers sports fans that I knew. Zero.

As the program got better and through today you definitely see more block Rs through the state, but nothing compared to UConn gear in CT.

Point being, I grew up in NJ and don't give two sh1ts about Rutgers and nobody I know did either. Diaco, being a NJ guy in a time when Rutgers was horrible, I can't imagine has much of a tie.

I think we're safe here.
We ALL know that the only reason the B1G took Rutgers was because of the NYC TV market, the upstart BTN Network, and the fact that PP and GDL drove this program into the ground faster than a doomed rocket on re-entry... Otherwise UConn would be a B1G school right now, and things would be different. However, we all make mistakes- even the Big Ten Conference. Plus, we would have never had the chance to get Diaco if FHCRE never left.

Reaction Score
Orange fans are an amazing bunch. One or two reasonable guys, but my God. They think that the fact they're in the ACC means they have a better shot at a national championship in basketball than we do. We have as many as a member of the nACC as they did in the Big East. Ollie, the facilities, the tradition and support... the program isn't going anywhere, and it's still head and shoulders above Fruit U.

4>1

Reaction Score
NONE of that matters if Diaco can build a legit winner here out of this program, gets the state to expand The Rent, and we get a B1G invite. Coach Diaco could be here a long time. Imagine him coaching against the likes of Iowa, Michigan, and Nebraska every weekend, plus living in the Northeast. Its a major win.

I think you've created a scenario with more ifs than my bulls&$t scenario which I didn't think was possible. Good stuff

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Holy cow, those people are abject idiots. Six minutes of my life that I'll never get back.
I know... SU sucks so much. They play football in a warehouse, sponsored by an air conditioning company, that's not even air conditioned! They can't find a decent head coach to rebuild the place (even being in a P5 conference- that they're so quick to throw in our faces), or keep them for more than a few years... They even can't get the name of their blog right! Shouldn't it be like the "Orange Grove" or something cool? Can't wait to beat their asses when they come to East Hartford next year.

Reaction Score
I know... SU sucks so much. They play football in a warehouse, sponsored by an air conditioning company, that's not even air conditioned! They can't find a decent head coach to rebuild the place (even being in a P5 conference- that they're so quick to throw in our faces), or keep them for more than a few years... They even can't get the name of their blog right! Shouldn't it be like the "Orange Grove" or something cool? Can't wait to beat their asses when they come to East Hartford next year.

They've had a better football program than us in precisely two (2012, 2013) of the last 15 years. In those two years, the worst in our modern era, our head coach was... wait for it... wait for it... the best coach in the history of their program. Oh, and 4>1.

Also, their mascot is a stuffed fruit.

Reaction Score
Paul Doyle of the Courant speculated in today's paper that Syracuse would be a nice landing spot for Joe Moorehead.

Reaction Score
Not to rain on your parade, but every day for the past 5 years or so I think a lot of people have not only imagined that, but prayed for it.

Reaction Score
Diaco has not yet proven himself and their is no way the Cuse AD can take that risk. That said, that is going to be a tough job to fill. The Orange have been down for a long time and Central NY is no place to build a college football powerhouse. A lot of Cuse fans live in a fantasy world. Frankly, in the unlikely event they did pursue Diaco, I think Diaco would be absolutely crazy to take the position. He puts UCONN on the right track he will have plenty of opportunities to take positions with a much higher probability of long-term success.

I think Edsall would make a lot of sense, but I am sure he is viewed as damaged goods given the cluster duckk that is the Terps. Les Miles is probably dying to go their once he is let loose......and then pigs will fly out of his ..........

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Orange fans are an amazing bunch. One or two reasonable guys, but my God. They think that the fact they're in the ACC means they have a better shot at a national championship in basketball than we do. We have as many as a member of the nACC as they did in the Big East. Ollie, the facilities, the tradition and support... the program isn't going anywhere, and it's still head and shoulders above Fruit U.

4>1

I read the thread and I love the one poster who keeps asking what a title contender means and the jackass won't respond.

Somehow Gonzaga and UConn aren't and won't in the conversation even though we won the damn thing two years ago and Zags made it to the E8 last season.

I must have forgotten all the years that BC, Wake, NC State, Clemson, FSU, Miami, VT and UVA were serious title contenders,because I mean,they're in the ACC, right?

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I have never met BD. In fact, I don't know a thing about him other than he has cool hair. However, I refuse to allow my ignorance affect my ability to make bold, unsupported claims about him. Here goes:

HFCBD will not leave UConn. He is building a program built on the philosophy of being the "right kind of guy". The right kind of guy is hard working, honest, trustworthy and loyalty. For him, the money is important, but it is MORE important to build a legacy. He wants to be a coach who is synonymous with the program, and UConn has a tradition of that: Calhoun, Auriemma, Morrone, Stevens (field hockey). He is in the perfect position to become a legend. He will be the coach for the foreseeable future, UConn football will surpass all expectations under his watch, and in 25 years we'll be tailgating at Diaco Field on the UConn campus in Storrs.

Reaction Score
I have never met BD. In fact, I don't know a thing about him other than he has cool hair. However, I refuse to allow my ignorance affect my ability to make bold, unsupported claims about him. Here goes:

HFCBD will not leave UConn. He is building a program built on the philosophy of being the "right kind of guy". The right kind of guy is hard working, honest, trustworthy and loyalty. For him, the money is important, but it is MORE important to build a legacy. He wants to be a coach who is synonymous with the program, and UConn has a tradition of that: Calhoun, Auriemma, Morrone, Stevens (field hockey). He is in the perfect position to become a legend. He will be the coach for the foreseeable future, UConn football will surpass all expectations under his watch, and in 25 years we'll be tailgating at Diaco Field on the UConn campus in Storrs.

I'll have one of what you're having (and I think you left out a guy named Ollie in your list).

Personally, I think he's best suited by (1) pumping up the quality of this program as high as possible, (2) helping to get us into a new league, and (3) waiting for Brian Kelly to retire or get fired. If he succeeds at (1) and (2), he'll be on ND's short list when (3) happens.

Reaction Score

I'd DEFINITELY sign up for this...because that means there will be a LOT more wins than losses...GREAT games than disasters!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if there is real interest in RE at Cuse. Being a Cuse grad who has seen some success at a similar level school, you would think he would be in the mix.

But I really think the time has passed for coaches like RE. The tough, defensive minded cranky guy who hates the media and doesn't understand today's kids. It feels like he would be better as a position coach in the NFL. I think the college game has passed him by.

I liked RE as UConn's coach at the time...but I wouldn't want him as the coach now and I doubt Cuse does either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom