Syracuse - Cal game. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Syracuse - Cal game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Haha good. Embarrassing performance for them.

Far from guaranteed a win against Iowa either
Iowa can shoot the ball. I think they lose this game too.

Reaction Score
They can't make the Kool Aide fast enough in snow country.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
The cuse board is hilarious. They are calling for Cooney to be benched. Hes the only one who can hit a jump shot!

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Joseph played 2nd fiddle to Adams all year long last year. He was supposed to be their savior.

Reaction Score
Joseph played 2nd fiddle to Adams all year long last year. He was supposed to be their savior.
The Cuse board has been hyping him like crazy, Jalen Adams was clearly the better player as a junior. I didn't even watch the game but watching Cooney a lot last year, every time I saw him he couldn't even get squared up to get a shot off.

Reaction Score
How does Syracuse make it into a tournament that honors warriors? No wonder they shot blanks tonight.

Reaction Score
I feel bad that Cuse fans had to smell 8 month old bubbly when they sat down in their seats tonight. As if the game itself wasn't miserable for them.

D

Deleted member 3149

3-0 T-Shirts arrive next Tuesday!

syracuse is overrated.PNG

Reaction Score
The Cuse board has been hyping him like crazy, Jalen Adams was clearly the better player as a junior. I didn't even watch the game but watching Cooney a lot last year, every time I saw him he couldn't even get squared up to get a shot off.

Cooney needs a real good support system, lots of good players around him. They were better last year therefore he was. While he's decent in the 2-3 zone it's only because he can cheat at times. If this kid ever had to play man defense he's be the 8th guy off the bench!

I feel bad for them - can they lose again tonight?

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Boeheim was on the phone with Emmert right after the game begging for the NCAA to ban them this year rather than next. This team will improve, but both offensively and defensively they are challenged. Certainly not as athletic in the zone as Cal picked them apart inside which opened up the outside. Their perimeter game on offense is very weak if Cooney can't get open, and as long as there are no other threats he will not get open shots.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
if Cuse looks this weak in November, imagine how bad they'll look in March?

November and December is Cuse's time to shine

if they can't play that high school zone good, what on earth are they going to do? do they have something else they can do?

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
CAL 73 - Syracuse 59 Maybe the Orange should stick with SUNY Neverheardof
They came close with this Sunny California team.

Only part of the game I watched was seeing Cal rain 4 straight first half treys on that zone. Or was it five straight?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure this means too much, its just hard for teams, Cuse included, to go on the road and win.
It means everything if you dislike that program! No rational thought is needed in this lovelfest thread.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Most people use Incognito Mode for adult films and other greasy stuff, but I use Incognito Mode to laugh at the Syracuse board because they banned my IP. I need proxies now :(

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
As much as I dislike Kentucky, Pitt and Cuse, they don't hold a candle to how much I would love to see ESPN fall several notches.

Certainly they have been great for college sports and still are to a large extent. However, like any thing that's good initially, it changes. ESPN is now similar to how investment banking became corrupted in big banks. They co mingle their invested products with the overall product. They appear to be even handed even as they aren't. The preference that the ACC does poorly has less to do with my animosity towards that conference as it has to do with it being a big money maker for ESPN. I hope the ACC get dragged through the mud this season and ratings are hammered for ESPN.

Of course I hope ratings in the AAC don't drop even as I'm afraid they might. I want the conference I resent to impact ESPN, not the conference UConn is affiliated with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom