Syracuse -5 | The Boneyard

Syracuse -5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is a pretty standard gambling move to take UConn. Granted, it was last week too, and they still crapped the bed - mainly because they quit after PP quit on them by not going for it.

Feel like I have to take UConn getting more than 4, but at some point maybe I need to accept that these guys just won't play for coach, period.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I wouldn't say I like UConn but I wouldn't lay 5 with Syracuse.

Reaction Score
I hope we win, but it doesn't look to good for us against Syracuse. They lost to 4 quality teams (North Western, USC, Minnesota, Rutgers) and Syracuse put up big number's against USC (29 points) and North Western (41 points). Syracuse also scored 15 points against Rutgers we only scored 3 points!

Reaction Score
This is a pretty standard gambling move to take UConn. Granted, it was last week too, and they still crapped the bed - mainly because they quit after PP quit on them by not going for it.

Feel like I have to take UConn getting more than 4, but at some point maybe I need to accept that these guys just won't play for coach, period.
Sean, serious question, I'm willing to admit that I'm uninformed in all things gambling. There is a relationship between gambling and psychology, just like the stock market. What is the psychology behind what you are saying re: "standard gambling move?"

Reaction Score
I hope we win, but it doesn't look to good for us against Syracuse. They lost to 4 quality teams (North Western, USC, Minnesota, Rutgers) and Syracuse put up big number's against USC (29 points) and North Western (41 points). Syracuse also scored 15 points against Rutgers we only scored 3 points!
I don't think Cuse puts up those numbers against our D. No way. We hold Syr to like 14 points max. I think we can win this game.

Reaction Score
I don't think Cuse puts up those numbers against our D. No way. We hold Syr to like 14 points max. I think we can win this game.

I see your confident gars good for you!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sean, serious question, I'm willing to admit that I'm uninformed in all things gambling. There is a relationship between gambling and psychology, just like the stock market. What is the psychology behind what you are saying re: "standard gambling move?"

In theory the market overreacts to a recent poor performance and creates value. No one is as good or as bad as they looked so on and so forth.

Reaction Score
It pains me to say this, but this will be a Fruit U rout, along the lines of their WVU win last year. Uconn's offense can barely break out of a paper bag and the Cuse QB will have a field day on our LBs and DBs! Yes, never would have thought that we would pull off the tri-fecta of losing to Rutgers, Temple & Syracuse, in consecutive weeks to boot! I'm even more depressed when I read into Dez's comments that seem to infer that Coach Blue and his crusty side kick, Georgie boy, will not be let go after the season. I give Dez credit that he has some inside scoop on this, as much as I want to block that scenario out of my mind!

Reaction Score

After demoralizing losses or mass disappointments, its usually safe to bet that a team will come out the following week with its hair on fire. The absolutely perfect situation, which doesn't apply here, is one team coming off an upset win, and another coming off an upset loss.

Now, in theory, this psychological side should already be figured into the line. Myself and a lot of other gamblers don't believe it is adjusted for enough...partially because it isn't real exciting to say "I'm betting my house on UConn this weekend!"

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
One would have thought that UConn would have shown up yesterday by those theories.

UConn is about an auto fade at this point until they actually come close to covering a spread.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If markets overreact to recent poor performances and create value - PP is making a pile of value.
He's making a pile of something.....

Reaction Score
One would have thought that UConn would have shown up yesterday by those theories.

UConn is about an auto fade at this point until they actually come close to covering a spread.

Right. The key in this stuff is figuring out as soon as possible which teams are just pure garbage, as opposed to having letdown weeks. We may fit that bill, but I still hope not.

Reaction Score
Take UConn and the under (whatever it is). There may not be 5 combined points scored in this game.

Reaction Score
Both teams combined are 0-7-1 ATS over the last four weeks. Honestly, don't know what to make of the line. I would have presumed Cuse' would have gotten 6 - 6.5 at home against Uconn. Moving the ball is a chore for this team, and I have a hard time seeing them keeping it within a touchdown against a team that is capable of scoring points. Uconn keeps it close for three quarter, but Cuse' covers late with a FG in the final few minutes.

I hate to say it, but I feel like the value is taking Cuse at home. Uconn's record on the road historically is bad, and with this offense, it isn't likely to change this week.

Reaction Score
First time PP will be back at the juice dome since he was fired, I think Vegas assumes he will pull all the tricks out and score at least 5, maybe even 7 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom