Swish: The case for DT as 2014 MVP | The Boneyard

Swish: The case for DT as 2014 MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I dunno...

if Maya got injured where would Minny be?

Nothing like they are with her playing.

If Tarausi gets hurt? As long as one of their point guards (Penny Taylor or Phillips(?)) does OK then they stay near the top simply because Griner is being so dominant this year. They have Bonner and Dupree playing well under Brondello's coaching and have a deep bench.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

"By just looking at the raw numbers, one would be tempted to take the glamorous pick of third-year Minnesota Lynx F Maya Moore. Her scoring numbers pace the league this season but her average could have been aided by extended minutes. In Minny's largest win this season, a 17-point annihilation of the LA Sparks that wasn't actually as close as the final score, Moore played only 29 minutes but was only the floor well into the 4th quarter and finished with 31 points. Taurasi, on the other hand? Phoenix's largest win, a 29-point trouncing of the San Antonio Stars, only equaled 23 minutes of court time for Taurasi, 8 of which came in the 2nd half and none in the 4th quarter. And even in limited court time, DT filled up the stat sheet with 9 points, 8 rebounds and 8 assists."

I have to remind myself that I am comparing two UConn greats. Even so, I give my vote to Dee

Thanks for posting pap.

Reaction Score
I think considering the MN Linx played most of the season without 2 major pieces to their team Augustus & Brunson, Maya's performance kept them as the 2nd best team in the WNBA! She had over 10 games scoring 30+ points and 2 games in the 40's! DT & PHX played relatively injury free so far! Maya Moore MVP in a landslide!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I have noticed that many on the BY seem to like Maya more than DT, at least that is my perception. I don't know if that is because Maya's history with the UCONN is more recent and DT's history with UCONN is farther removed.

Reaction Score
Last year it could've been Maya or Delle Donne rather than Candace.

You could really add Angel McCoughtry to the mix this year.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Diana Taurasi is the "Best" player in the world, period. As far as the WNBA MVP, she's the best player on the best team and makes every one on her team better. Two All-Star Teammates attest to that fact, Maya has been spectacular, but DT3 is the MVP.

Reaction Score
Striper69- - - I agree it should have been EDD for both Rookie of the Year and MVP last season! Personally I wouldn't want Candace SITTING in my arena let alone wearing my team's uniform! EDD took Chicago where it never went in it's history, first Division title and finals of the East! She was the main difference on the Sky roster!
DT is having a fantastic season, but Maya Moore carried MN with all their injuries to super star players! Now with Brunson, Augustus, Wright & Peters back and healthy watch out for the Linx in the Playoffs! They just ended PHX 16 game win streak tonight!

Reaction Score
Striper69- - - I agree it should have been EDD for both Rookie of the Year and MVP last season! Personally I wouldn't want Candace SITTING in my arena let alone wearing my team's uniform! EDD took Chicago where it never went in it's history, first Division title and finals of the East! She was the main difference on the Sky roster!
DT is having a fantastic season, but Maya Moore carried MN with all their injuries to super star players! Now with Brunson, Augustus, Wright & Peters back and healthy watch out for the Linx in the Playoffs! They just ended PHX 16 game win streak tonight!

Think about this- The Sky could very well be in the East Finals and could win it if Delle Donne continues to get better.

I also think that the Sun could sneak into the playoffs...

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Think about this- The Sky could very well be in the East Finals and could win it if Delle Donne continues to get better.

I also think that the Sun could sneak into the playoffs...

I think that the Sky will make the playoffs and make a serious run for a championship, if EDD can give them at least 20 minutes a game.

Reaction Score
I think they're going to be in DC next week and I have a ticket! I wasn't going to go if EDD wasn't playing.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Did you watch the game? I've seen playground Basketball games where less contact was allowed. Still it was a loss and PHX has to suck it up, but I believe they will!!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Did you watch the game? I've seen playground Basketball games where less contact was allowed. Still it was a loss and PHX has to suck it up, but I believe they will!!

It will be interesting to see what happens in Phoenix a week from tomorrow. Had DT shot even close to her usual percentage we would not be having this discussion. I suspect that in the next game the Phoenix will go to BG a lot more and I doubt that DT will shoot 25% again. DT simply tried to do too much in the game last night and Phoenix paid the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom