Swish Appeal and Stef | The Boneyard

Swish Appeal and Stef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Article on Swish Appeal about Mystics drafting Stef. Not very flattering. They think she will be basically be a reserve and not impact the game.

Reaction Score
Yeah, and everybody wondered why Geno was signing that big, slow, chubby kid from New York...Kinda worked out OK, didn't it?

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Yeah, and everybody wondered why Geno was signing that big, slow, chubby kid from New York...Kinda worked out OK, didn't it?

I remember that well. She certainly proved a lot of people wrong. Never underestimate the determination of Stef.

Reaction Score
Article on Swish Appeal about Mystics drafting Stef. Not very flattering. They think she will be basically be a reserve and not impact the game.
The coach says she and Hartley will work out pretty good for the team. That bodes well for them. He says that players from UCONN are winners. Can't wait to see them against Chicago in Delaware next month!

Reaction Score
I agree. Saw a quote from Stef , that she needed to get stronger and quicker after attending USA Olympic trials .

Reaction Score
I think she and Bria will step right in and make a big difference much like they did at UCONN. They have a great forward named Emma Meeseman who just needs to polish her moves and she could be "Delle Donne-like". Dolson will make her better along with Latta.

Reaction Score
Nan I would send you link but don't know how to do that. After reading article again not as bad as I thought. I focused on section with statistics and worst case scenario. But the rest of the article has good things to say about Stef.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I think this is the article that is being cited:

http://www.swishappeal.com/2014/4/12/5569604/wnba-draft-2014-prospect-stefanie-dolson-UConn

It is not uncomplimentary at all -- the noncontributing scenario was described as a "worst case". The overall conclusion was this:

"The reasons for excitement about Dolson should be pretty clear: put that combination of McCarville's offensive and Appel's defensive skills into a 6-foot-5 mobile frame and you have the makings of a perennial All-Star caliber center."

"reality is that we just don't have a good comparison for Dolson currently in the WNBA - there isn't a center in the league who had higher perimeter tendencies than Dolson and her scoring efficiency makes it hard to believe she'd be totally ineffective on that front. Ultimately, Dolson has better college statistics than the majority of the centers in the league who played U.S. college ball - the chances of her failing to contribute are slim-to-none; her offensive rebounding numbers and questions about her usage rate being the only things really limiting her potential."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom