Sweeeeeeeeeeeeep! | The Boneyard

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I gotta admit. That felt pretty good.

Nice job by your boys.........Yanks wall was gonna happen but to make Gee look like Harvey wasn't the plan....that is now a painful lineup with no shot against the Sox this weekend...........

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Who goes on Sunday? I have little faith that Clay B. will be ready.

Reaction Score
Nice to see CC be able to "pitch" as he still attempts to find his velocity. He used all of his pitches and speeds to throw a needed gem while "punching out" 10........Yanks still can't hit but found a way

I used "punching out" because as a WesMass resident I had to watch/listen to the Sox broadcast and Eck was on it with Orsillo. He is beautiful and entertaining with all of his adjectives and stories. Had something to say when he saw Kate Upton in the stands, a story when he saw Keith Olberman and used phrases like "cheese" and "let's party" a few times making me laugh!! I like Remy but I found myself sitting there waiting for yet another Eck-ism all game, it was fun!

Reaction Score
Nothing like bringing the Sox to town to wake up the Yankees. Is it our turn to go into to funk? Still......I like where we are. It is totally unexpected.

Reaction Score
I gotta admit. That felt pretty good.

I gotta ask buddy, how have the last 3 felt since the sweep? Marlins came in losers of 9 in a row..........expected better results I'm sure!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This weekend is support why neither side should open their mouth after their "Ace" shuts down the other side. Yes, Sabbathia pitch this weekend and cannot seemingly rely on reaching back for something extra, but neither CC, nor Lester is the question here. It is what the other 4 in the rotation (and 9 in the line up) have to offer.

I'm pleasantly surprised with the Sox this year and I'm excited to watch baseball again. At the end of the day, that was the main issue facing the Trio this year. After all the negative publicity between September 2011 through Opening Day 2013, how do they get their core fans excited about baseball again.

Reaction Score
This weekend is support why neither side should open their mouth after their "Ace" shuts down the other side. Yes, Sabbathia pitch this weekend and cannot seemingly rely on reaching back for something extra, but neither CC, nor Lester is the question here. It is what the other 4 in the rotation (and 9 in the line up) have to offer.

I'm pleasantly surprised with the Sox this year and I'm excited to watch baseball again. At the end of the day, that was the main issue facing the Trio this year. After all the negative publicity between September 2011 through Opening Day 2013, how do they get their core fans excited about baseball again.

As a Yankee fan I can't be excited about anything I saw for the last week. Very weak offense with a lead off hitter who is not at all good there, or anywhere for now. He is fast but can't bunt, he gets on but can't steal because he's a n awful baserunner. A middle of the lineup that cannot protect their best hitter in Cano and a guy back who "starts" slow and looks to be on the same path as Tex is not close. Hughes is a fly ball pitcher in a real bad fly ball park......last good outing at Citi Field would have seen at least of the caught fly balls there out at Yankee Stadium...he doesn't fit well. Kuroda's been very good but the others are questionable. This team may fall so far out the next month they could bring back Gehrig and Ruth with Jeter and Granderson and it wouldn't help!! Not at all a fun baseball team to watch........

Reaction Score
I guess we will see with the Yankees. They are long in the tooth even if they get back all of their players currently on the DL. In the glory days, they would simple go out and obtain the best players in the league. The current management doesn't seem to be inclined to do that so this could be (in the immortal words of Theo Epstein) a bridge year for them.

The Sox will get a good test over the next few weeks as they play a much tougher schedule including Texas, the LA Angels, Tampa Bay, Baltimore and Detroit. I guess I'd settle for a split of those games.

Reaction Score
Tampa is putting it together and Wil Myers is crushing the ball at Durham. Despite the pitching getting off to a terrible start I think this will turn out to be the deepest and best team Maddon has put out. Like the Sox the Rays are entering a brutal stretch of strong teams. Its gonna be a fun summer in the AL east.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom