Susan/Warde: This IS something you can control | The Boneyard

Susan/Warde: This IS something you can control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To tie ourselves up in knots about things out of our control, like in life in general, is not a recipe for success

That was Susan's quote after Louisville got the ACC nod. OK, I accept that. I have been in the Herbst/Manuel camp . Susan taking charge on getting rid of Hathaway, getting the old Storrs stadium torn down to get the hoop facility started were tangible signs of progress.

But there is no pleasant future for this football program if PP is still in charge. The last 30 minutes of Saturday's game confirms that. An uninspired team, uninspired crowd and half-full stadium that got emptier by the second will become the norm if PP is left in charge.

Supposedly there's "proof" that firing a coach after only two seasons is "has not proved fruitful". Would love to see the examples cited to back that up, because I don't think any of them can possibly apply to the very unique circusmtnaces of this situation. There is no hope with this crew and that will translate into a massive drop in season ticket sales from the 22,500 reported this morning.

To keep PP for any reason - buyout, "needs his players" (ugh), people will still buy season tickets next year because of Michigan/Maryland visits - would show me that Herbst/Manuel take the fan base for granted the same way Hathaway/Austin/Hogan did. I do not want to hear how money is an obstacle to getting rid of PP. The ongoing "campus beautifcation" project shows me there's money somewhere to take care of this. And, you have at least one potential candidate (Neal Brown) who would have taken a head coaching job last year (at UMass) that paid $400,000. Bring a new young guy in at half Pasqualoni's price and load that contract up with incentives, including raising season ticket sales, which will be an incentive to get a new coach to sell the program in the offseason, something PP is utterly incapable of doing.

And make a decision one way or another this freaking week

Reaction Score
And, you have at least one potential candidate (Neal Brown) who would have taken a head coaching job last year (at UMass) that paid $400,000.

Kentucky: WKYT is reporting that Mark Stoops may turn to Texas Tech offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach Neal Brown to become the offensive coordinator at Kentucky. Brown is a former Kentucky player.

Reaction Score
Herbst scares me in terms of our athletic department's future. She has said nothing, absolutely nothing to make me think she gives a rat's ass about success at the highest levels of D1 competition. She is all about improving UConn academically.

Reaction Score
Supposedly there's "proof" that firing a coach after only two seasons is "has not proved fruitful". Would love to see the examples cited to back that up, because I don't think any of them can possibly apply to the very unique circusmtnaces of this situation. There is no hope with this crew and that will translate into a massive drop in season ticket sales from the 22,500 reported this morning.

Just sharing them - don't flame me if you don't like content :).

http://www.wired.com/playbook/2012/11/uc-boulder-study-losing-coaches/

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/29/s...-football-coaches-firings.html?pagewanted=all

Reaction Score
the first article lost its credibility when it said Luke Fickell was given the boot - he yielded to Urban freaking Meyer and has almost the same role at Ohio State he had before Tressell was poop-canned.

And without looking at every single page of the study it looks as if most if not all the coaching changes cited were at schools that are in stable conference situations. Keeping Pasqualoni is almost like signing the death warrant for UConn's athletic program.

Reaction Score
Herbst scares me in terms of our athletic department's future. She has said nothing, absolutely nothing to make me think she gives a rat's ass about success at the highest levels of D1 competition. She is all about improving UConn academically.
All you need to do is pay more attention. She is 100% behind all the athletic department. She recognizes sports is the "front porch" to UConn, and has said as much.

Reaction Score
All you need to do is pay more attention. She is 100% behind all the athletic department. She recognizes sports is the "front porch" to UConn, and has said as much.

Sorry I remain concerned. Comparing our athletic program to a front porch does nothing for me. Can you provide a more inspiring quote?

Reaction Score

It's a shame she doesn't have her priorities straight.

Reaction Score
the first article lost its credibility when it said Luke Fickell was given the boot - he yielded to Urban freaking Meyer and has almost the same role at Ohio State he had before Tressell was poop-canned.

And without looking at every single page of the study it looks as if most if not all the coaching changes cited were at schools that are in stable conference situations. Keeping Pasqualoni is almost like signing the death warrant for UConn's athletic program.

Well the first article WAS from Wired Magazine. They got 2 out of the 3 correct.

Did you notice that the lead investigator/co-author went to Michigan?

Reaction Score
It's a shame she doesn't have her priorities straight.

I never said her priorities weren't right - only that athletic success may well decline because her priorities are what they are.

Reaction Score
Sorry I remain concerned. Comparing our athletic program to a front porch does nothing for me. Can you provide a more inspiring quote?

If you want to run with the Big dogs get off the damn porch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SemogNayr

Top Bottom