Survey: Who do you hate the most? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Survey: Who do you hate the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It has to be whatever team the Squid is coaching. In the 90s, all UConn fans hated UMass (and their cheating). In the 2000s, we all hated Memphis (and their cheating). Now, no one hates UMass and Memphis, but instead we all hate Kentucky (and their eventual proven cheating).
BTW, UConn beat Kentucky twice in the Final 4. It will be a shame when those Kentucky teams are stricken from the history books.

Reaction Score
RF1 said:
I am not an Orange fan. I am merely stating what I perceive to be their perspective. While you may not personally want a game with SU, there seem to be many other Husky fans that do, particularly one that has multiple posts in this thread.

We're defending national champions. If we decide that our marquee ACC opponent in the metro area is going to be fellow four-time champion Duke, then Syracuse is just going to deal with it. Maybe they can try to get us in another year or two if we can fit them in.

We can't be snobs after all. If we only scheduled fellow 4+ champions, we'd play the same five schools over and over and it would get boring. Indiana was nice enough to play us when we were only 2 or 3 time champions, so we should remember that and reach down to help the occasional upstart cut their teeth so to speak. Right now we're doing that with Florida, but perhaps Syracuse can suck up to us a little in negotiations and we'll give them a shot. They have an admirable little program. I admire their grit.

Reaction Score
You seem to have the pompous a routine perfected. I guess practice does in fact make perfection.
I prefer to think of myself as a natural, but thanks.

Reaction Score
Is that somehow different than playing Central Ct State, Yale, Coppin State, Columbia, and Bryant?

That's 5 did you want to add Duke, Florida, Texas, Stanford or any others out of conference? And more than likely 2 of Texas AM, West Virginia, BC, New Mexico…………...

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
My sincere apologies to Rudy Gay and the offended fans. I did not know of Rudy's wanting to stay here.

Reaction Score
David 76 said:
My sincere apologies to Rudy Gay and the offended fans. I did not know of Rudy's wanting to stay here.

I think a lot of people have reached the same conclusion as you, but Rudy was in kind of a weird situation. He had the most talent on that team, but he was the youngest and the veterans around him had all won a title. Plus were all fringe NBA guys looking to play their way into the league. He also was in many ways too big to play the 3 in college - he always had a 6-4 guy on him who could crowd him off the dribble. It made it hard for him to be the dominant presence on the floor, so it always felt like he was holding a little back.

Rudy perhaps could have followed the Kemba path of scratching the surface his first two years before exploding as a junior with young teammates when he had to. But we'll never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom