Surprise, Rutgers chokes again. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Surprise, Rutgers chokes again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is technically their 2nd football championship. The first time they tied with Princeton. Both finished 1-1. There were 2 teams in the country.

Reaction Score
Yes, Rutgers is CO-Champion. That means they have won a championship...and it means every bit as much (or little) as the two co-Big East Championships UCONN won a few years ago.
Which I distinctly remember the Rutgers faithful coming over here to tell all of us how the first one didn't count as a championship since we didn't go to the BCS bowl. But yes, they are co-champions. So, they have one more somewhat realistic shot to go to a BCS bowl, and that will be next season, their last in the NNNBE.

Reaction Score
I agree, co-championships are worthless. They were for UCONN when you were co-champs a few years ago along with WVU, who beat you like 50-0 or somehting and went to the BCS game....and it's worthless for RU since we're not going to the BCS game.

But at least we'll be in the postseason this year, and not sitting home getting our jollies hoping Rutgers loses in the Russell Bowl.

That's just plain sad.

Well, you can look forward to being the future KING of the Big East, now that everyone else has gone and shut the lights off.

Reaction Score
This is technically their 2nd football championship. The first time they tied with Princeton. Both finished 1-1. There were 2 teams in the country.
So they finished tied for last place, right?

Reaction Score
Which I distinctly remember the Rutgers faithful coming over here to tell all of us how the first one didn't count as a championship since we didn't go to the BCS bowl. But yes, they are co-champions. So, they have one more somewhat realistic shot to go to a BCS bowl, and that will be next season, their last in the NNNBE.

I'm with you. I consider our co-championhsip worthless, since only the REAL champion goes to the BCS bowl. Any Rutgers fan that feels differently is just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom