Superstitions | The Boneyard

Superstitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just curious...what game day superstitions do the fine members of the Boneyard have? At least, those that you're willing to share...

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Cockiness/bragging among posters leads to adversity for the team (hurts the mojo)...humility is a wonderful thing!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I sleep thru the first half of Final Four games UConn are in...

Reaction Score
Superstitions - no. Rituals yes. First I always put the UConn flag out on my front porch. If I am going to the game I always wear my UConn sweat shirt and pants with the old logo, park in the same garage in Hartford(if at XL center), arrive 30 minutes before tip-off, sing and yell from the National Anthem through all the cheers and fight song, clap and stand till the first and second half baskets are made, and stay till the final horn. At home I always check the channel a full 12 hours before tip off to make sure I am going to see our game, listen to the UConn radio feed along with the TV sound (usually a five second delay on radio sound) and still have my game outfit on. Listen to entire post game broadcast. Every game!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Someone needs to check with OSouthbranch to make sure he has the right hat on. Some folks have particular coffee mugs to use and the such.

Tonight I will be out of position at a friends retirement party. DVR set. Sunday I will be at Penn State.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I usually DVR the game and watch it later. Or start watching about 1/2 in. I'll check my ESPN app occasionally to see how far ahead we are.

No problem tonight, it's my Happy Anniversary. 5 years. I'll be out to dinner during the game. Not even sure when I'll get a chance to watch it. So UCONN should have no problem.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I usually DVR the game and watch it later. Or start watching about 1/2 in. I'll check my ESPN app occasionally to see how far ahead we are.

No problem tonight, it's my Happy Anniversary. 5 years. I'll be out to dinner during the game. Not even sure when I'll get a chance to watch it. So UCONN should have no problem.

Happy Anniversary, Meyers! Enjoy!

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Gotta wear a UCONN themed shirt on game days. Yesterday, I wore the "5 Games in 5 Days-HISTORY" shirt for the guys. Today I am wearing a UCONN-University of Connecticut shirt (I got at the CO-OP "Secret Sale" the other day...it was CRAZY)!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

Might I recommend this evening's appetizer...?

turtle-soup.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Might I recommend this evening's appetizer...?

turtle-soup.jpg
I hope that is served up in MD tonight, but I doubt it will be available where we're going. ;)

Reaction Score
I won't answer questions like this on game day.

And that, in and of itself, is a great superstition/ritual! I'm having trouble reading the sarcasm meter, though...

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
And that, in and of itself, is a great superstition/ritual! I'm having trouble reading the sarcasm meter, though...

Normally, I'd see if I could yank the tongue out of my cheek, but it's now less than 5 hours before tip-off and thus a total no-no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom