Sunday 3PM Rutgers vs Lady Vols ESPN2 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sunday 3PM Rutgers vs Lady Vols ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Neither team could throw a beach ball into the ocean. If you like playground basketball this is the game to watch. Run and gun at its best!

Yes, but the gun is loaded with blanks.

Reaction Score
Low scoring game players out of control too many turnovers. I rather watch the UConn men.

Reaction Score
Neither team could throw a beach ball into the ocean. If you like playground basketball this is the game to watch. Run and gun at its best!

I think it's more like run and gun at it's worst.

Reaction Score
The TN folks raved about how good Middle ton was. As far as I've seen, she gets the ball, takes a few dribbles, shoots, and misses. Haven't seen her hit one shot or make one pass.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
The LV are improving; they have five assists.

Reaction Score
Offensively challenged on both sides. Tennessee might be looking for a new coach if this season goes south.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Offensively challenged on both sides. Tennessee might be looking for a new coach if this season goes south.
Pretty sure she has a contract. And I don't think the AD cares about the women's bball team. If they consistently make the Sweet 16, which they should, she's probably safe. As much as I love watching them lose, they way it's gone down (Pat's illness, etc) is pretty awful.

But yeah, Holly's not great. Don't see her bringing the program into the 21st century.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
For all the talk about the "new" Rutgers, this sure looks like the "old" Rutgers. I said about halftime, "first team to 50 wins". Well, at the 1.24 mark, neither team has reached 50.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Guys come on - this is Rutgers. When was the least time they actually beat Tennessee? I would not be surprised to see RU lose this game - not because they are awful, but because they just have such a terrible track record vs. Tennessee...

You were right :oops:

I pull for the Red Knights twice this season.... and both times they fail me :oops:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The stunning thing about this game, especially on the RU side, was the insane amount of 1 on 1 play and high degree of difficulty shot attempts. To Tennessee's credit, I saw them run more offense than I've ever seen before, but still, they looked pedestrian most of the time.

Reaction Score
This game was very painful to watch. A lot of bricks thrown up at the basket.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This game was very painful to watch. A lot of bricks thrown up at the basket.
By both teams. I meant to add to my post that while Tennessee would try to run offense for about 5-10 seconds, it would invariably degenerate in to an off balance one on one shot. Of course, O-boards kept them in the game...

Reaction Score
Sagarin has the teams as even (Rutgers # 23 - Tennessee #24) but the home court advantage gives Rutgers a 4 point edge.
Who am I to argue with Sagarin ? Rutgers by 4.
Not sure what ratings you're referencing here, but Sagarin had Tennessee winning by roughly 7 points.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Didn't read the above,
but sadly watched the game.
Almost gave up at the half…the worst half of basketball I've just about ever seen
(although I do remember an ugly final-4 game against Stanford).
Seemed that for both teams if they didn't score after a scrum to the basket, that was it.
Who ever said that Rutgers was running a hot new offense lied.
Unless, they were playing down to UTenn's ability (which I secretly think actually happened).
What a mess.
How sad for a National viewing audience.

Positives: UTenn's D was not terrible (actually hard to evaluate under the circumstances).
Can't think of any other.

Reaction Score
The teams were a combined 38 of 130 from the floor (2 of 15 from 3 pt) for a sparkling 29%.
A total of 17 assists combined.
Not sure what ratings you're referencing here, but Sagarin had Tennessee winning by roughly 7 points.

I was using Sagarin's "rating" figure - The overall RATING is a synthesis of the three different methods, with more total weight to the two completely SCORE-BASED methods and thus should be a good predictor in its own right.
Rutgers #23 rating =87.72
Tennessee #24 rating = 87.47
4 points for the home court advantage

23 Rutgers = 87.72 8 1 67.41( 226) 0 1 | 1 1 | 85.15 31 | 87.76 22 | 89.61 16
24 Tennessee = 87.47 6 2 64.65( 281) 0 1 | 0 1 | 96.82 4 | 98.01 5 | 77.70 77

Of the other three methods, you were evidently using either the first or second method, the third method has Rutgers winning.
Does that clear things up ?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I was looking forward to seeing our players who have had games with great assist numbers, outstanding shooting numbers, double-doubles in almost every game (Laney), huge rebounding totals, etc., etc.

That team didn't show up. Or Tennessee didn't let them show up. One or the other.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
As an FYI, I just read on the Rutgers board (article was linked) that Laney was hurt on the first play of the game and was ineffective for that reason (the wrist injury that was bandaged in the 2nd half).

She goes to the Doctor tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Didn't read the above,
but sadly watched the game.
Almost gave up at the half…the worst half of basketball I've just about ever seen
(although I do remember an ugly final-4 game against Stanford).
Seemed that for both teams if they didn't score after a scrum to the basket, that was it.
Who ever said that Rutgers was running a hot new offense lied.
Unless, they were playing down to UTenn's ability (which I secretly think actually happened).
What a mess.
How sad for a National viewing audience.

Positives: UTenn's D was not terrible (actually hard to evaluate under the circumstances).
Can't think of any other.
Regarding Tn's defense, in the post game presser, Holly said she wanted her team to play man to man in the 2nd half. However the players decided they would play zone. Holly didn't try to stop them. Her logic, they are the ones who have to do the playing. I was astounded at this admission. So if you liked the D, the credit goes to the players, not the coach.

Reaction Score
Two different times in the game a TN player made a cross-court pass to 2 TN players standing next to each other and they leaped into each other to catch it! Is this a new play from Ms. Basketball, Holly Warlick?
From the post above, the players are still running the TN team, not the Coaching staff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom