Sunbelt Conference & C-USA | The Boneyard

Sunbelt Conference & C-USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I posted on the football thread as well. I am sure that the Sunbelt Conference would take us Football only---
C-USA might take us, it gives them a NYC audience.

Basketball to the BE.

In the meantime, if UCONN football can survive, we could get a P5 invite down the road.

Reaction Score
Duck.

I know. Should have bought a bullet-proof vest. But we are a basketball school though I do respect the football contingent. If it works, UCONN football would end up in a P5 conference.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Can we just nuke this thread now? Also: suggestion for the mods, any posters who suggest moving football to an even worse conference or ending it now should get a permanent "Idiot" banner over their name. We all know this is a theoretical, potential need, but this chicken little stuff needs to stop.

Reaction Score
Homecoming game vs. Troy...........
Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
On what planet do people actually believe, that the way to a P5 invite, is to constantly show less commitment to football?

On what planet do people actually believe, that the way to a P5 invite is to drive UConn's two Tiffany basketball programs into dust?

Reaction Score
On what planet do people actually believe, that the way to a P5 invite is to drive UConn's two Tiffany basketball programs into dust?
If the people in charge at UConn truly feel like you, I hope they just put us out of our misery and do as you originally suggested. That way can I save the money I spend on tickets and donations and not tie up every Saturday afternoon.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If the people in charge at UConn truly feel like you, I hope they just put us out of our misery and do as you originally suggested. That way can I save the money I spend on tickets and donations and not tie up every Saturday afternoon.

At least you agree with me that leaving the basketball programs in the AAC is a death sentence for both.

Reaction Score
At least you agree with me that leaving the basketball programs in the AAC is a death sentence for both.
Not even close. Either way its a death sentence. You've heard Buzz what's his name speak on the record that he expects a split between the P5 and everybody else. Only in your world do you think the BE will be asked to tag along. This was a coach that left a B5 marquee school to coach at a P5 also ran. Stop and think about that.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Waylon your wrong once again and you want to disable the football program for the Big East. Please the Big East is what screwed UCONN and football schools by dragging it's feet when conferences were changing. Basketball only schools hurt UCONN more than anything else and now you want to be part of that, NO.

It's Power Five or bust.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I posted on the football thread as well. I am sure that the Sunbelt Conference would take us Football only---

Basketball to the BE.

In the meantime, if UCONN football can survive, we could get a P5 invite down the road.
jackie-chan-wtf-face-i16.jpg

(I have no words for this idea.)

Reaction Score
We should totally drop football to protect the women's basketball program.

That's an awesome idea.
I was going to post something similar, but I thought it was too obvious. The women's program is the premier program in the country bar none. The men's program at the moment has two players in the current class one a four star one a five star. The jury is out on how long the men's program can keep recruiting at the current level. The women's program will only slow down once Geno leaves. The only course of action is to continue to try and ride it out while collecting exit fees.

Reaction Score

Basketball to the BE.

C-USA has an audience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline